it's the little things:: storm clouds and surf dates


Whew! I've had such a strange week. Lots of highs and lows. The really huge, super-duper high is that Chris got to switch jobs on Wednesday. He walked away from an incredibly stressful job and into a great new one where he can use his skills, work with people that value him and come home every night.  I couldn't be happier to hear him say on Thursday morning, "I'm actually excited to go to work!". 

Other good things that happened this week-- 

... After much searching for a gray dress for Chris' brother's wedding in November, I found one, it arrived within two days and it fits perfectly and looks about 400x cuter on me than I was expecting! 

...I woke up to tweets on Monday telling me that my Thankful 'Olelo painting was in the Etsy Finds email! I've been getting tons of traffic all week from it-- what a fun surprise! 

... After debating for several days, I finally took the plunge and purchased a mustard yellow Lyric camera bag from Epiphanie bags! I'm super stoked for it to arrive! 

On the downside, I got some nasty comments on my blog this week and discovered someone ripping off my designs and wording from my shop. No fun. But I'm not letting those negative things take me down. Along with lots of happy big things, I've had tons of great little things this week.

... freshly picked plumerias that Chris plucked for me after an outfit shoot this week. I love how each plumeria tree produces completely unique flowers with different shapes, colors and even scents. 


.... cloudy, rainy days. I love the Hawaiian sun, but boy do I relish those stormy days. I'm hoping that we get a really rainy winter just like last year. 



... my zoom lens came in on Tuesday! (I ended up getting the 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS) Chris and I went out to a new surf spot to try it out. It's kind of romantic watching the sunset with my man-- even if he's 40 yards away from me in the waves and I'm sitting on the rocks looking at him through my lens. ;) Can't wait to show you my photos next week.


... chicken tacos with homemade guacamole, cilantro and lots of cheese! My belly was happyhappy when we made these the other night! 



Ready to link up? I'm sorry I didn't get to comment on your posts last week! The week got away from me and it was Wednesday before I knew it. I did read them all though and I'm so enjoying each of your posts! Thanks for joining me! 

 party rules.

1. Only link to your specific blog post, not to your blog's main page. See here for more explanation. 

2. Grab a button and/or include a link back to this post so your readers can come see what the fun is all about! You can find the code for the button on the sidebar or on the "little things" page.

3. Make sure you visit (and comment) on other posts linked up-- what fun is a party if no one talks to each other? Make some new friends! 

4. I reserve the right to kick you out of the party if you aren't playing nice-- so make sure your post is relevant to this party and is actually a "little things" post (ie. no giveaways, random posts from last month, etc.).







lindsay

Comments

  1. Such great news about the new job! I love all of your little things, especially the picture from the stormy day. Beautiful scenery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That gray dress is beautiful and I'm so jealous of your new camera bag! Mustard yellow is my favorite color.

    And those tacos look so so so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those tacos look amazing. i am on such a guac kick right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. girl, your photos are always sooo good - and that chicken taco looks uh-mazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for the new job and mmm, I want a taco!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for Chris' new job...that dress is perfect! And to hear your painting was featured by Etsy...yay! Way to stay positive in the midst of other junk happening.
    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YOU are a good shopper! Love that dress and I am impressed that there is a site that has size 1/2 in stock!.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just bought that dress last week and am wearing it to a wedding on Saturday! I love love love it! (something I normally do NOT say about dresses).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for your dress looking fabulous!!
    I love those photos!! Beautiful weather going on right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its so exciting that Chris looks forward to work and that he gets to come every night! That's just so great! So happy for you!

    That camera bag is amazing and those chicken tacos look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI! I am a fairly new reader to your blog, I love it! Your pictures are amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute dress! I love Maurices. :) And those tacos look sooo yummy. Sorry to hear about your negative comments and Etsy copying...sadly it happens all to often. You have the right attitude though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those tacos look like the shizzz....yummy!!!! And boo on stealers and mean people. Grrrrr...

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's usually how it works - The officers are the ones who do absolutley nothing and then get moved to jobs they didn't earn.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I also am a military transplant to Hawaii and likewise praying for another rainy winter. Glad for your little things this week!
    www.homefronteconomics.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts