Aloha From a Sponsor: Whitney Rae Paper & Blog

 When Whitney emailed me about sponsorship, I went to check out her shop and blog and immediately was so excited! Both her shop and blog are fresh and colorful and I'm thrilled to share them with you today! 


Aren't her and her fiance adorable??


Keep reading and find out more about Whitney, her shop and her blog!

You have such cute products! How did you start making notecards and other paper products?
Thank you so much! I have always had a love for paper and scrapbooking. After seeing how successful my mom has been at making jewelry in her etsy shop (A New Thing) I thought, that looks fun and exciting and the extra income would be nice. So I made a few cards and it took off from there! I opened shop in July 2010. I was blessed to be featured on the front page on etsy within the first week of being open. Ever since then I haven't looked back and hope to expand my shop in the near future.





I love the color choices you have in your shop! What's your favorite color and what do you think it says about your personality?
My favorite colors are green and gray. At least that is what they are right now. I tend to like a lot of colors! That was the hardest part of this whole wedding planning process. Picking colors. I'm not sure if my favorite color says anything about my personality. I am pretty shy and quiet until you get to know me. I would rather sit at home and read a book then go out with a bunch of people. Does green and gray say that? :)





What one thing have you learned about running your shop that you would share with others looking to start a handmade business? 

Just do it! And if you don't succeed at first don't give up! I have had some very slow months in my shop so far (and I am sure there are many more to come). During those times it is smart to work on new things. Listing new things in your shop is really good! That is something that I am trying to work on now. I am just doing this on the side but in the future I would like to do it full time. If I don't keep creating new things and putting myself out there I will never get to that point.





What has been your favorite part of the blogger experience so far?
I mainly started my blog to document things that happened in my life. I can never remember things so I thought that writing about it would help me to remember. I was away at college so it was a way to let my mom and sisters keep up with me. I then started finding other blogs with amazing things on them and I wanted to share that with my readers so I started posting things that were inspirational to me. After gaining a few more followers I came to realize that this blogging community is so encouraging! I love being a part of it.


What are your three favorite posts that you'd recommend new visitors to your blog read first?
My blog's subtitle is life love and paper so here is a post on each one of those:
and paper: http://whitneyrweir.blogspot.com/2010/10/engagement-mini-book.html


Whitney has also generously offered to give Aisle to Aloha readers 15% off their order when they use the discount code ALOHA at checkout! Woohoo! (Hmm... seems like the perfect place to pick up some cards or fun, small gifts for the Birthday Club! ;)


Have a wonderful weekend everyone! Come back next week to hear from some beautiful, crafty women and see their creative spaces!


Comments

  1. cute cute shop!!! love the "i love us" card - might have to snag that for Vday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh I love the "I love us" card, so super duper cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me it's an extremely desirable write-up. I'd want to examine more with regards to this kind of subject matter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I have never seen such blogs ever before that has complete things with all details which I want. So kindly update this ever for us.Robert Nguyen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts