Paper Lanterns and Razzmatazz

Confession: Sometimes when I'm out with friends, I think I embarrass (or at least amuse) them by walking around the restaurant taking pictures of the decor. So, this one goes out to you Gina. Thank you for reading my bliggity-blog and thanks for calling me up for some martinis on Friday!

We went out for drinks at Indigo, a fabulous restaurant in the heart of Downtown Honolulu/Chinatown. I sacrificed my pride for you, my faithful readers, so I could get these shots of the romantic surroundings. (Ok, there wasn't much pride on the line, I didn't really care that the waitresses were giving me puzzled looks as I got close-ups of everything).

Anyway, check out the warm Moroccan inspired decor. 


Love these carved wooden tables.






A few of these lanterns would look so romantic on the back porch.




These ottomans were my favorite! I don't know if you can tell but they're definitely iridescent. 


Okay, my pictures aren't the greatest, but check out the lush ceiling to floor drapes and those cool paper lanterns. 




What a neat idea for a light fixture--a parasol. 


Awesome lantern and detailed woodwork--plus plenty of martini glasses!



Aaand the martinis were delish. How can something dubbed Razzmatazz NOT be??



One final shot as we headed out the door for some pizza.

Have a terrific Tuesday, friends! (See what I did with the alliteration there? Nice, huh?)

Comments

  1. What a fun little place. I do the same thing and get weird looks from the other people dining---oops. ; )

    And, girl, you look gorgeous in the photos!!! I love your hair style and color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joi, you're so sweet! Hair color is from my mama--gotta thank her for that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm my favorite part of working in town was getting half price martinis at indigos during happy hour. So fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts