Inspire Me Monday: Beachy Modern

 I've been itching to switch around some things in our guest room lately. I showed you the guest room back in November and it still looks pretty much the same. I'm ready for a change! I ordered this duvet cover from Urban Outfitters last week. 


I know, I know. It's blue. And green. Like almost every other room in my house. For some reason, those are the colors I'm drawn to these days. And adding pops of other colors like my yellow entryway bench and orange and pink dahlia painting keep it feeling fresh. (Does it sound like I'm trying to justify myself? Oh well.) 

Anyway, I'm not really a seahorse/beachy decor person but I think this duvet is a great mix of a modern print and gives a nod to the sea too. I mean, it is a guest room in our house in Hawaii. 

Here are some rooms that have a nice combo of beachy and modern and are serving as a little inspiration for the guest bedroom re-do. 



That silhouette of the palm tree caught my eye and I like the pop of that yellow pillow. 


Not so sure about the bedding, but I love the texture of the head board and the blown up photo of the pup and board. 



Yeah, it's a  [fabulous] laundry room but those blue bottles and the white starfish are gorgeous. 



Pretty stones make me think of a beach on Kauai. 

In other news, I'm so excited for AisletoAloha's first giveaway this week! Tune in on Wednesday for a fab giveaway that you won't want to miss! 


Comments

  1. I think it's the perfect touch of whimsy. It doesn't take itself too seriously--that room with that duvet will be fabulous. : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts