The Toilet Paper Countdown

Some of you have asked when Chris is getting home and since I don't want any bad guys to know, I can't divulge the exact date on here, but I will tell you that we're just now starting to count down in weeks instead of months. So, we've still got a while to go but we're definitely in the homestretch.

Since Chris left, I've been keeping track of the passage of time with some... um, interesting methods I guess. Some wives make paper chains to count down the days. Or have a countdown calendar. But I've been getting excited because...

... the stack of toilet paper in our bathroom closet is dwindling down. With each change of the roll, I know our reunion is getting closer.

Three rolls left! (Every good blog post has a shot of your tp!)

... the box of kitchen trash bags that was full when Chris left is... empty!



... the laundry detergent in our jumbo Tide bottle is coming to a slow drip. See a trend here?? This all means two things--Lindsay really needs to go to the commissary, and time really is passing by!


 Aaand...I went to the movies last night and saw previews for movies that are coming out after Chris gets home! Movies we can actually watch together!

If you couldn't tell, I'm getting antsy for hubby to get home. It's hard because some things make it feel like it's so close but I know that I can't just throw in the towel yet.

Please pray for Chris as he has been extremely busy this week and is exhausted and under the weather. Please pray for him to be productive as he works on getting his qualifications done before he gets home. He has recently been appointed the Protestant layman on the ship, which means that he is leading the church services and possibly leading a Bible study too. We're both very excited for this opportunity for him to share Christ with those around him! All in all, he's doing well, but definitely looking forward to getting home. I wonder if he's counting down toilet paper rolls too?? Probably not. 

Thank you for your prayers and encouragement for Chris and for me over the past three months. It means so much to both of us.

Have a great weekend!

              

Comments

  1. Hi there, I saw your comment on Thrifty Decor Chick.. and I thought I would meander on over.
    Ive sent a prayer to Jesus for your hubby and your family. And I like your post and the pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts