I Hate Coming Up With Post Titles...


Just a few random tidbits for ya today...

- I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today and I'm feeling a bit grumpy. I'm just getting to the point in this deployment where being alone is getting old and I want my husband back. I'm so thankful for the friends and family I have supporting me, but really, nothing compares to just having Chris home. I've got a significant portion of the deployment left, so I've got to pull on those big girl pants and pray for the strength to get through these last months. Thank you for all your prayers for both Chris and me through this deployment. They are appreciated, needed and felt!

An oldie but a goodie!


- Along the same lines of wanting Chris to get home...I forgot to put the trash bin out again last night. I even reminded myself several times and had a conversation about it with my neighbor. And I forgot again. Thankfully, my dad put it out for me last week so it's not overflowing but sheesh, this never happened when Chris was home!

See? Christmas time, Chris is home, and the trash is out. 

Okay, enough whining, onto some happier things...

-I teach preschool Sunday School at our church about twice a month. I had Sunday School on Easter morning. Can I just tell you... it was crazy! I normally have about 6 or 7 little ones in there, but on Sunday, there were fifteen 3-4 year olds in my little class room! I had one 14 year old helper, who really tried to assist but I think he was a little overwhelmed with it all. But I've gotta tell you, I loved it. It was crazy, and I had to pick my battles but I loved getting to share Jesus with those kids and just being around the little guys made me realize yet again that God's definitely wired me to love kiddos and I sure hope He gives me the opportunity to be a mom some day ( not a mom of 15 preschoolers though!!).


-I bought this pillow on Etsy the other day! It's from the shop NoraJane.  I'm glad I bought the pillow when I did because it looks like she took it off her listings, but she's got alot of other really fun colorful pillows. Can't wait until it gets here! I will definitely post pics!


- Ok, now let's play a game... I know a lot of you sneaky readers know me in real life, but maybe it's been awhile, and you are dying to know something about your favorite blogger (ha, ok kidding, really). Leave me a question in the comments section and I'll answer the questions as best as I can in my next post. If no one asks anything, it's going to be a very boring post, so if you read this blog, it's in your best interest to ask something. (What? Yes, this is a ploy to get you to comment. But who can blame me for wanting to interact with the people that read about my life everyday??) So are you wondering what the heck I do all day? Or what's my favorite thing to do on the island? Or how Chris and I met? Lay it on me! (Heck yes, I reserve the right to refrain from answering certain questions. :) So be nice!)

Comments

  1. What is your favorite color? If you were a fruit, what would you be and why? What is your favorite time of day? What is your favorite candy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What were some of the first things that attracted you to Chris? On which points did you guys really "connect"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang... you already have six questions to answer. I don't know if you'll have time for mine...

    I'm wondering what you think your strengths and weaknesses are in relating to other people? (I know that's a statement... but...it's a question, so please excuse the incorrect punctuation). And how do these play out in your relationship with Chris?

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS always love your posts!! And wish I could have a cool blog too...but really I'd be happy with an updated blog haha! Anyways its encouraging to see your strengths and frustrations. Cause for real my recycling bin is always overflowing and I can't seem to remember to put it out either. Oh dear =) But sometimes I get lonely too living here by myself, but I see how active and inspiring you are and it makes me want to be better at surviving alone. And find some hobbies =) Keep up the perseverance!
    ~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha! I love that you miss me so much that you now think that I used to always remember to take out the trash. Don't you remember that month it was overflowing? Or the fact that the recycling never got emptied the 8 months I was home? Even that picture of the recycling bin was from the wrong day and I ended up taking it back in full! Maybe next you will say that I am always humble and I never leave my clothes on the floor. :)
    My question for you is... How did you get so beautiful? I have been wondering this for 8 years now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. my question is who is your favorite sister in law and why? tee hee.... um, and chris, "vomit!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linds! I love the new blog layout! It's totally you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Lindsay!

    So I don't ever know if I am posting these right because I have tried before but didn't see it come up. I am hoping this one works!
    I just read your comment about not getting to see Chris for a long time yet. In my past responses to your blogs I have talked about my boyfriend of almost 6 years living in Australia for the last 4 of those years. I'm going on 6 months of not seeing him, and it has been this way for 4 years now. It is hard, and tiring, and stressful. I just wanted to encourage you to keep active (as I can see you do wonderfully!) and be positive about it! I know the feeling (very well) of not seeing the person you love for months and months, feeling like you can't take another single second of it, but you've still got months to go. It hurts, but knowing the end will come helps!
    Oh, and the reunion is amazing!

    I just wanted to tell you that I've been thinking of you and feeling every bit of your pain!

    So anyway, I hope this blog even posts:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been clicking on various links within your posts, and now I am on April 26th so I have no idea if you will get this comment! BUT I just wanted you to know i enjoyed reading this (and all of them really - I only visit your blog occasionally due to lack of time, but I do enjoy it :) What I liked about THIS one though was Chris' comment! When I was first reading this post, I was thinking "man, I can't believe he never forgets to take the trash out, that's really impressive- my man NEVER remembers what day it goes out!!" Anyway, it is nice to know that he really is human! you guys really are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts