just call me mama bird.

There is a major case of nesting going on over here. I've been feeling anxious about the state of the apartment with Si's due date just around the corner (cuz you know, the baby will care whether or not the curtains are hung or not.) I keep telling Chris that the boxes and piles of random stuff are making me twitchy. Thankfully, we got tons done this weekend and I feel like I can breathe again.

My major concerns were making sure we had the car seat, buying a comfy futon for the guest room/studio and getting a mattress in the crib. Now that those are done, I've been working this week on personalizing the place and making it feel more and more like "home". 



Got my ceiling medallions hung, dining nook artwork up, and working on the gallery wall. All of the baby's clothes are washed and put away and nursery progress is coming along. 

Don't be fooled-- there is still a room full of piles and there's a cardboard boat (for the base's Fourth of July cardboard boat competition....) taking up most of the guest room. 

But we're getting there. 


 lindsay

Comments

  1. Looks great, Lindsay! Won't be long now for that little boy's arrival. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a BRILLIANT way to hang your gallery wall! Love it all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What you've done so far looks great! =)

    The cardboard boat part made me smile. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. can't wait to see the gallery wall when it's done!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks great! i have always wanted to do those medallions in shades of blue and green but still haven't gotten around to making it happen. you have just sparked the energy in me to get it done because it looks great! hooray for getting things done productive mamma!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm inspired to get things in frames...looking forward to seeing it all hung!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on what you've accomplished! Hubby and I are both freaking out about different things in terms of getting ready for the baby. I want organization and he wants all the items under the sun for taking care of baby! its feeling crazy! When is the best time to wash baby clothes? Can you wash them too early?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Miranda! I don't see why you shouldn't wash the baby clothes at any time. I wash them to get rid of any manufacturer's chemicals and all the germs from people feeling the sweet baby clothes in the store. :) I'd only say wait so you don't have to keep doing a separate load every time you get some new clothes!

      Delete
  8. Damn, want to come to Wisconsin and help me out? I've been meaning to reboot my picture wall for forever but my laziness right now is out of control.

    I'll pay you with kisses from my puppies ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a beautiful home! we have the same dinner table haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally understand that twitchy feeling.. I still feel like I'm nesting sometimes and my baby is two! Maybe I'm just a little OCD instead? Ha, anyways, way to get it done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooh, love those ceiling medallions! and your gallery wall is going to look amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts