it's the little things:: sunflowers and strawberries


Happy Friday! Anyone else discombobulated from this strange week? I don't even go to work and it feels like it should be Wednesday to me. But hey, I'll take a Friday any day! 

Here are some little things making me smile today. 


A happy bouquet of bright sunflowers on my kitchen table. The first bouquet to grace our home! I love getting fresh flowers for the house, but I hate cutting them down and arranging them. They always seem a bit scraggly to me. 

I'm completely obsessed with strawberries lately. I've been gobbling them down on a daily basis. In fact, I'm loving all the fresh fruit of summer-- juicy nectarines, sweet cantaloupe, plump blueberries. Yum. 

I've been eyeing this bright yellow laptop table at World Market for awhile now. It was on clearance and yesterday was down from $50 to $16! It's not really the right color for our living room (a little too bold to go with my soft yellow ceiling medallions), so I figure I might spray paint it in the future. But for now, it's happy hue makes me smile. 

Little things not pictured:: 

Getting an entire day and half with Chris in the middle of the week! We actually stayed inside the whole day of the 4th, but had friends over and celebrated in the air conditioning! :) 

Soft baby blankets came in the mail. I can't wait to wrap Si in them and kiss his cheeks. 

Seeing Chris kiss my belly and almost exploding with anticipation of having our baby here in our arms. 

So what about you? What little blessings made you smile this week?

party rules.

1. Only link to your specific blog post, not to your blog's main page. See here for more explanation. 

2. Grab a button and/or include a link back to this post so your readers can come see what the fun is all about! You can find the code for the button on the sidebar or on the "little things" page.

3. Make sure you visit (and comment) on other posts linked up-- what fun is a party if no one talks to each other? Make some new friends! 

4.  Please make sure your post is relevant to this party and is actually a "little things" post (ie. no giveaways, random posts from last month, etc.). 





Comments

  1. You are precious. And I love your new laptop table. I think the color works even though it is bright. Don't you love when something you've been eyeing suddenly drops right into your price range? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was also obsessed with strawberries towards the end of my pregnancy...and watermelon, grapes, and plums! Yummmm! Enjoy your pretty laptop table. Bright bursts of color are always awesome. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, don't paint it! I love it just the way it is!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it this color too, but it's just a little too much with all the other colors I have in the space. We'll see-- I honestly probably won't even have time to paint it anyway. :)

      Delete
  4. OH I love your list... I can only imagine how excited you guys are now that he's almost here!

    We are also obsessed with sunflowers and strawberries in this house... I just bought 4lbs of berries for under $4! Win win :)

    Happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sunflowers and the new laptop table make your home look so warm and sunny. Flowers always brighten things up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great price. You got lucky! I actually love the color, a lot! The bowl that you have the strawberries in is sooo cute. During both of my pregnancies I craved fresh fruit too. Berries and watermelon especially! Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the new table - and you finished the gallery wall! You have been very productive this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. score on that happy little table. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the flowers definitely made me smile! I loved this post!

    -Amy
    http://www.amy-couture.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that little table, it's perfect! And I absolutely agree that strawberries make happy. I'm obsessed with them, too but because they took part in my last two "It's the little things" posts I decided they couldn't be a part in it this week.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these beautiful photos :) I'm currently devouring all strawberries in sight, too! And that yellow table is perfect! Congrats on the baby on the way :) such wonderful news!

    xxx
    Bailey
    Hope you're having a great weekend!
    Bailey
    http://lostandfound-bailee.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so bummed that the World Market near me closed, I used to find the best stuff there!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts