it's the little things:: christmas cheer


We actually decorated our tree about two weeks ago, but I wanted to share some of our photos with you. All week long, this happy little tree has been making me smile. I love looking at our favorite ornaments and always have to plug the lights in as soon as we wake up. 

I love an eclectic Christmas tree with everything from handmade ornaments from our nieces and nephews, souvenirs from our travels and gifts from our parents. My favorite ornaments are from our travels, like the paper crane from Japan below,  and a sand dollar ornament from our trip to Kauai two years ago. Do your favorite ornaments have significance?


Link up your Little Things posts below! 

party rules.

1. Only link to your specific blog post, not to your blog's main page. See here for more explanation. 

2. Grab a button and/or include a link back to this post so your readers can come see what the fun is all about! You can find the code for the button on the sidebar or on the "little things" page.

3. Make sure you visit (and comment) on other posts linked up-- what fun is a party if no one talks to each other? Make some new friends! 

4. I reserve the right to kick you out of the party if you aren't playing nice-- so make sure your post is relevant to this party and is actually a "little things" post (ie. no giveaways, random posts from last month, etc.).





Comments

  1. I love the idea of seeing lots of memories when you look at your tree :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that you strung popcorn and cranberries! we can't do that in my house-- my silly dog will eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you strung cranberries and popcorn, I've always wanted to do that but I think Monte would get hungry ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love looking at our ornaments and remembering the stories behind them! It is such a wonderful time of year to take those moments to pause and remember!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh i love your paper crane ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eclectic trees are fun! Ours is so random with different ornaments we have collected over the years & ones that my girls have made! I told my husband that in a few years, I want 2 trees...one tree in our family room for our kids with all their ornaments on it & colored lights & then an "adult" tree in our living room with just white light, red ribbon & colored ball ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hopefully my photo works this time:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. awww cute tree!! we just put our first one up as a couple so its VERY bare! but can't wait to gather stuff for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your tree! It is so cute and unique. We did a garland of all cranberries and multiples of popcorn.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sorry I am such a bad bloggy friend and rarely comment. :( But this post made me smile for so many reasons... Your 1st Christmas ornament is just like ours== except the year is different. :) We too string cranberry and popcorn though right now the cranberries are still in my fridge. :( And I too love eclectic and sentimental trees! Merry Christmas Lindsay! I hope it is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I plug our Christmas tree lights in first thing in the morning too :) It's become part of my morning ritual....open the curtains, light a yummy smelling candle, make coffee, plug in the tree lights. It just makes the house so cozy and happy. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My first time at your link up, just wanted to say how fun & fresh your site is ... would have loved to have met you for cupcakes in the park!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw...love that you string popcorn and cranberries! I need to do that too :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts