aisle to aloha meetup:: wish you were there!




This past Saturday, I hosted my very first Aisle to Aloha meetup picnic in Blaisdell Park. I had such a fun time putting it together and planning it and even more fun hanging with the girls that came! Sadly, I had too much fun eating and chatting and didn't get ANY photos with the girls! :( So, Emily, Lisa, Michelle, Tiera and Carly-- my apologies but you were just too distracting. Or maybe baby Mason was too distracting! :) 

In preparation for the meetup, I made cupcake stands from $.99 plates and candlesticks from Goodwill, created cupcake flags from toothpicks and washi tape, and wrapped mason drinking jars with raffia. 

We ate yummy cupcakes from Hokulani Bakery and the flavors were to die for-- lilikoi lemon, strawberry guava, red velvet, chocolate cream cheese and snickerdoodle, yummm! I also had to order my favorite pizzas from CPK-- california club (with bacon!) and chicken thai-- because what fun is a meetup without bacon or pizza?? ;) I threw some veggies into the mix and plopped some sweet bell peppers and carrot sticks into mason jars with ranch. And to top it off, we sipped Aloha Juice ( strawberry orange and calamansi lime!) from mason jars with stripey straws bought online at Shop Sweet Lulu

I had such a blast meeting up with some of my readers on island and wish that each of you could have been there. I really am so thankful for each of you and hope that some day I have a chance to hug more of you! 

Have a great week, friends! 



PS. In case you haven't noticed, I've been listing my new canvas magnets and they've been selling like crazy this week! I'm getting a shipment today of lots of new canvases, so keep an eye on the shop for more new designs soon! :) 




lindsay



Comments

  1. that is so fun! wish i could have been there, too! love the cupcakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw def a very cute set up!

    http://infinitelifefintess.com

    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like you guys had a great time! I soooo wish i could have flown over for the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable party! Love the veggies and ranch in the jars, going to have to do that one for Abby's party coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you did such a great job, friend; i'm sure your bloggy friends felt so loved!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! Love the veggies in the mason jars, very creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. the tables look so fun and inviting, i'm sure you had a blast!

    -rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this would have been so much fun!

    Food looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Was such a lovely afternoon. Thank you for all the love you put into the tiny details!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I miss Hokulani since moving to Maui. They were my favorite cupcake joint out of all of em. You can taste the quality of the ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a really fun time, I wish I could have gone!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Lindsay for a fun afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. P.S.... so sorry for the misspelling of your name in my post!!!

    Went back and totally fixed it... can't believe I did that! I blame it on my brain being overloaded from baking for the holidays and for my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't believe I missed this! It would have been great meeting you and all the other ladies. Count me in for next time! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds like it was so much fun! I wish I could have been there!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ahhhhhhhh those cupcakes look amazing!! wish i could have been there!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wish I could have come, but we had signed up to decorate gingerbread houses with my husband's squadron at the same time as the meet-up. I'm still waiting to run into you at the NEX or something! Also, I'm totally going to check out that bakery. Those cupcakes sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so adorable. What a great party you must have had. I especially love the striped straws! In fact, I just ordered navy and white ones for my wedding in May. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks again for planning the fabulous picnic!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I knew those cupcakes were going to be good when I saw your description on Twitter. If only I wasn't so far away I would have loved to have come along :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts