aloha style:: surf hair, the color wheel & my kelly moore bag review!




dress:: {shopruche}
cardigan:: {my sister's closet, literally, not like a store, really her closet}
necklace:: {yellow owl workshop}
shoes:: {payless}
camera bag:: {kelly moore}




I got my Kelly Moore gray Posey camera bag in the mail a few days before we left for our Maryland trip. It was perfect timing and I got to really test it out as I carried it around the streets of downtown Annapolis, and to and from our families' houses. I thought I'd give you guys a short review. When I was searching for that perfect camera bag, I browsed for hours, days, even reading reviews and trying to decide which to get. So hopefully this is helpful for you! 

You may remember that I originally decided on an Epiphanie bag. The mustard yellow Lyric bag, to be exact. The reason I returned that bag is because the quality was not what I expected for the price I paid. If you'd like to know more about that, feel free to email me and I'll tell you more in detail! 

So, onto my Kelly Moore Posey bag! I chose the gray color because I realize that I wear a lot of color (um, duh) and wanted something that wouldn't compete with my wardrobe. The gray is a really gorgeous hue and goes well with anything. 

I love the quality and am so impressed with everything from the stitching, the hardware (I like the brushed nickel look) and the faux leather has a smooth, buttery feel to it (not plastic-y at all). You can wear the bag several ways, but the way I'm wearing it above is how I most often use it. You can also put the flaps up or take the shoulder strap off for different looks/functions. 

A few things to think about-- this bag is very small. I believe it's Kelly's smallest model. I can fit my camera (and bulky strap), phone, one extra lens and a small wallet. I actually had to switch wallets because my old one wouldn't fit. Now I use a slim MadebyHank clutch (above) and that works great, but if your wallet is bulky, it probably won't work. There is a section of the Kelly Moore bag made specifically to be use as a wallet (with credit card slots, etc) but I prefer to use a separate wallet. (How many times can one write "wallet" in a paragraph??)

I also wish that it had a shorter strap as well to use under my arm. I'd really love that diversity as I don't always prefer to carry it as a messenger bag. But it's one of those things that I knew before buying it, so it's not a complaint, just something to think about.

Overall, I'd highly recommend this bag. I love the design, the quality and function and I'm so glad that I ended up with my Posey bag! 

(fyi. Looks like Kelly isn't selling this design anymore. But she has a similar design called the Posey 2!)

Do you have a camera bag that you love? Or do you still toss that camera in the bottom of your purse? (That was me until a month ago!) 

PS. That color wheel necklace is my absolute favorite accessory these days. I feel like it's so "me". 

PPS. Crazy thick surf hair is fun. Surfing is more fun. And surfing with my hubby is the funnest. ;)


lindsay


Comments

  1. I love your outfit. Those colors look great together! I have been looking at the Posey 2 bag for a little while so I am glad you reviewed it (or at least a similar bag)! I think I will be moving closer to the top of my Christmas list now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOUR HAIR IS SO CUTE! As is this entire outfit. I'm so, so jealous over your necklace. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your outfit! The colors are so bright and pretty :) I have been looking at getting a Kelly Moore bag for awhile and your review just makes me want one all the more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hair would never look that pretty outside by the water... it'd be a frizzy mess! I'm mucho jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love everything in this post, the necklace, the MBH bag, the camera bag, and YOU!!!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the color combo. love that bag!

    currently, im tossing the camera (gently) to the bottom of my purse (a made by hank purse-- swoon) but I'm asking for a jototes bag for xmas. (here's hoping!!)

    also, that necklace is SO you

    ReplyDelete
  7. I especially love those shoes! Adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love they bag. Adore the necklace. I'm just published my Christmas list and the teal B-Boho bag is at the top! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. the colours are beautiful together...the dress is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here in Nashville there is a store called My Sister's Closet. They sell designer consignments.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been wanting a camera bag for a while! This is good to know, about the other bag. I had considered them as well. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i LOVE your necklace! super cute. i swear by the color wheel :]

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are the cutest. Totally dig your hair! :]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts