What I Wore Wednesday: Traveling the World

Welcome to a special travel edition of What I Wore Wednesday! I've done a lot of traveling in the past few years (Spain, Italy, Mexico, back and forth from Hawaii to East Coast a lot and Japan!)  and just last week I traveled 24 hours from Honolulu to Thailand to visit Chris. So I've picked up a few tricks and tips that help make traveling easier for me. Here's what works for me.

I always wear super comfy clothes while traveling. I don't think that super comfy means you have to look frumpy too. I travel much more confidently if I'm wearing something that is not only very comfortable but also makes me feel great. No make-up and no jewelry-- just plain and simple.




mustard yellow tee:: {papaya}
floral tunic:: {town and country surf shop}
gray leggings:: {charlotte russe}
slippers.. aka flip-flops :: {reef}
yellow knapsack: {roxy}
navy handbag: {target}

I like to travel light and usually just take on one carry-on but for this extra long journey, I had my computer, DSLR, books, sweatshirt, travel pillow and other tidbits so I brought my Roxy knapsack and Target handbag. Both are light and hold a LOT.

Reading material is a must. I love a book I can really dig into and makes me forget my surroundings. I also like some light reading material-- magazines like In Style, Real Simple and Rachael Ray Mag are my faves.



Gum, sweet treats and ear buds always make their way into my carry-on too. I'm not a big Ipod listener, but the Ipod ear buds are perfect for listening to movies on the plane, and sure beat the awful $2 ones they hand out.


Another trick I like to use-- before I leave the house, I pull up some of my favorite blogs on my laptop. They provide a good distraction mid way through the flight and since they are already on my browser, no need for internet! (I know you can purchase inflight wifi, but it's not an option on flights over the ocean and this is a great free alternative!)


Of course, I always bring my glasses, contacts case and a small bottle of contact solution.

 
It doesn't take long for the plane air to dry out my eyes. Plus, then I can take dorky pictures like this one in the Tokyo airport.



Got any good travel tips? Been anywhere fun lately?


Comments

  1. you're soo cute!! i love your yellow backpack!! you know i travel all over the place.. but no where really THAT fun...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope you are having a wonderful time! you are a doll and look totally adorable in your travel attire! not frumpy at all....I agree. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your glasses are way cute and I also added that blog you had on your browser.. i like it! LOL You're outfits are always soooo good looking and cute:) Good taste! have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all those tips, I've been to 12 countries in the past few years so I know all about traveling. The only one I don't do is open blogs up on my browser, good tip! Oh and we just got back from Paris this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. comfy, but still VERY stylish! thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute! Love all the travel tips. I haven't been anywhere in for~ev~er. It's time to travel again...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tips - especially about not wearing makeup. That would really save your skin on a long journey!

    My husband is taking me to Paris - soon! So I'll be needing all the tips on travel I can get!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tips, I'm going to try a few of them next week when I travel to Ireland! My travel tip: always wear shoes that are easy to get on/off & something comfy for all the sitting!
    Love your outfit too! Hope you're having a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tips! If I traveled more I'd probably get myself a Kindle or a Nook because I always bring a zillion books with me lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Genius! I never thought about having blogs ready to go so you don't need Internet. I'm going to tuck that one away for when I'm able to travel the globe!!!

    I totally agree with traveling in comfort, but not frumpy. Makes all the difference in the world :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great ideas, we'll be flying to Seattle in the fall! So long flight for us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. great tips, my friend!! and that laptop idea is GENIUS!! you are so smart... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can I live vicariously through your travels!? So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so jealous of all your awesome travels! And I love your glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh! I LOVE THIS top. Lovin' your blog! Just found it on Pleated Poppy. Now following!

    Hope you'll follow back!

    Ask the Duplex

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are great tips! It definitely makes me want to travel more. I do agree with the the reading material and the comfy clothes. I also bring socks so I can take my shoes off and walk around the plane :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are adorable! I hope your return journey is smooth and that you get to sleep on the way! (:

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow you went to thailand?! that is so amazing!! i haven't done much traveling since we've been married since money's tight & i miss it desperately. i did get to travel europe when i was in college & i feel so blessed to have had that opportunity. hope you had a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Can you tell I'm just rippin' through your archives? I love Kelle Hampton's blog too! I'm adding you to the list she's already on: Blogs That Make Me Feel Like I Live Near The Ocean Again Instead Of Being Tragically Landlocked In The Desert. Ok, so that's a really long list title. Anyway, you're really helping me cruise through my elliptical sessions. Maybe I will put you on that list too! Xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts