Art on Our Walls:: Fiji Painting for Chris

I thought I'd do a mini- series here on Aisle to Aloha --"Art on Our Walls" We have some treasured pieces of art gracing our home and I would love to share them with you. Some are original paintings, some prints that we love, as well as other art that is sentimental or beautiful to us in some way. I think the art on our walls says so much about who we are, where we came from and what we love, so hopefully this gives you a little more of a glimpse into who we are.

First up is a painting I did for Chris a few years ago for his 21st birthday. Chris spent four months in Fiji between high school and college and it's a place that is very close to his heart. I took one of his favorite photos from his time there and did my best to recreate it using acrylic paints on an 11x14 canvas board. I miss this style of painting and would love to get back into it if I ever have some free time!

Here's the original photo I chose to work from.


And here is the painting that is now hanging in our bathroom. 




I need to get a frame for it because it's starting to warp from the Hawaii air. Also, I would have shown you our whole bathroom but it was a mess as I was packing to leave for Thailand. So you just get the close-up wall shot. 

So what do you think? Are you interested in seeing more pieces of art on our walls? Do you have your own artwork on your walls? 


Happy Tuesday, friends! 


Comments

  1. That is a beautiful painting! Definitely interested in seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous work! This should definitely be a fun mini series :D Looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely! Sounds like a great series to me. That painting is beautiful! You're so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. girl, that picture is stunning!! i love it. a different style than you normally paint but i love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I love that painting! I actually have a photo in my bathroom that my cousin took while she was in Thailand of a big purple lotus flower! Hope you are having a wonderful safe trip...theres nothing better than spouse time!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great painting! I love it! (very talented)
    check out my week of giveaways!
    newsfromfernstreet.blogspot.com ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have to say i like your version better, haha!! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are SO talented, Lindsay! This painting is beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a beautiful painting! and i'm sure that was a wonderful gift for Chris! I would definitely love to see more of your art and the things that make your home YOURS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, that's so sweet! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts