My Heart is Filled with Thankfulness & My Tummy Is Filled with Pad Thai.

So, are you ready? This week's posts are going to be filled to the brim with photos from Thailand. I took over 650 photos and I want to share every single one with you. But I won't. Cuz that just might be overkill. Maybe I'll just share 600 of them. 

Today is just a general overview, but later this week I'll be posting about more specific adventures we had like our ah-mazing cooking classes and the food we ate all week, zip-lining 150 feet high through the Thai rain forest, and visits to the market with some very strange oddities. Oh, and of course, an outfit post. 

The best part of the week was, obviously, being together again with Chris. It was blissful to be by his side again, to be reunited with my other half, my best friend. Gosh, I love him. 




We ate tons of amazing food. And it was really cheap too, which was a bonus. While Chris was away for two days in the middle of the week, I feasted on pad thai and panang curry room service meals. This pad thai was less than four bucks! And it was leaps and bounds tastier than the $15 plates we often get here in the States. 


Of course, shopping had to make its way into the agenda. Honestly, I was pretty disappointed with the shopping. I was hoping to find some beautiful jewelry to take home with me, but alas, I did not. We did buy a few trinkets, like a wooden elephant and a mortar and pestle for making delicious curry pastes!


We visited the zoo not once, but twice, and got to see all sorts of fascinating wildlife, including these monkeys that rain wild through the zoo.








While the trip was filled with lots of beauty, the truth is we were staying in a city that had been dubbed the "Sodom and Gomorrah of Thailand" by several of the travel sites I checked out. What you won't see pictures of are the streets lined with prostitutes, the old men walking with young boys and girls and the go-go bars with scantily clad women. It was emotionally exhausting to see all the depravity in the city. Chris and I were both touched by the situation in Pattaya and are thankful for ministries like Zoe International, who do amazing work with those directly affected by human trafficking. 




I think thankful is my word for the week. So thankful that every detail of this trip worked out the way we hoped, that I have a husband who makes me giddy with joy. I'm thankful that I can return to this country that he is defending, a great country that is certainly flawed, but it's home. And thankful that we don't have much longer left in this deployment and from here on out, I'm getting ready for his return! 


Happy Monday! 

(a special thai-esque font, just for this week. ;) 

PS. Today is our two year wedding anniversary! Check out my facebook page for a special celebratory discount code for today only! :) 

Comments

  1. Love all the photos! Looks beautiful, glad you had a wonderful trip with your honey! Cannot imagine what it was like to see trafficking first hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with CCC above about the trafficking. How heartbreaking it must have been to witness it, and especially the children!

    I love every single picture you take though- what a good eye! It must have been one very amazing trip! I can't wait to read more :D Glad you are back safe and the countdown is on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that you had such an amazing trip and got such awesome photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! I'm loving your Thai travel photos, can't wait to see them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what great pictures! So glad it was a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of your photos from the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, it certainly looks beautiful. So sad that there's such struggle going on in such a beautiful place. So happy that you had a good time though, and got to spend time with your hubs! How long til he comes home?

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy anniversary to you guys! and great photos of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh I can't even imagine, what an amazing trip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so happy that you got to spend time with your amazing husband on such a wonderful trip! All of the pics I've seen so far are amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pics!! Looks like you had an amazing time!! Glad you got to spend it with your hubby!! I look forward to seeing more!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy anniversary!
    Loved the photos! I love your perspective and the bright, happy colors. I kept checking your blog to see if they were posted yet.
    Thai food is one of my favs, especially when it's really spicy. Hopefully I'll visit one day, but for now I'll have to settle for Siam Garden (They have the best thai food on island!).

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the first picture of you guys, very adorable!! So glad you got to see him!

    ReplyDelete
  14. mmm pad thai from thailand, soo jealous i am!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Besides Pattaya, where did you visit? Did you spend any time at all in Bangkok, where I live?

    ReplyDelete
  16. that shrimp pad thai looks to die for!!! that is one of my favorite dishes ever. i would go to thailand just for the food, yum!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts