It's the Little Things: Dating Myself, Rain Storms & Berry Smoothies

Yes, I'm doing a "Little Things" post at the beginning of the week! Last week was a rough one, so we're starting out this week with some random happiness. I love looking back at my week to see the seemingly small ways God has carried me through.

I took myself on a date last week. It started off with a scrumptious dinner at Moe's ( I had two steak tacos and some yummy chips and queso!). It was a bit awkward to sit at a booth by myself with happy families and couples all around me, but I honestly think it's a great thing for everyone to do. Being alone doesn't always have to be a bad thing.

I headed to Borders after dinner and browsed the interior design books before grabbing a caramel macchiato and settling into an armchair with the second book in the "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" series. I love digging into a good book to test drive it before purchasing. (er, and sometimes I just *happen* to read the whole thing in the store....)

Have you ever dated yourself?


I looove rain storms. And this week we've had a lot of great ones, including thunder and lightning, which we very rarely get here! I was in heaven with my windows open listening to the pouring rain and booming thunder on Friday. 


Pretty colors on my palette. Ohhh yeah. 


I went out to run some errands with a friend the other day and we stopped for some smoothies at a new cafe. I loved the combo of the blue wall, my colorful outfit and purple smoothie. Oh, and my smoothie was delicious, just in case you were wondering. 

*EDIT* Yes, my hair is grungy. Let's focus on the delicious smoothie, shall we? 


Oh, and another b-i-g happy thing! I booked our hotel last night for my trip to see Chris and it is gooorgeous! And I've been researching some fun things to see and do, including cooking classes, zipline tours and floating markets! Pretty much squealing with excitement every time I think about my trip. Can't wait to smooch that boy! 

I'd be remiss to not mention the latest news last night about the death of Osama Bin Laden. Let's continue to pray for the troops as they face increased risk and danger, and remember those that have died as a result of and since the attacks on September 11. 


Comments

  1. Sounds like great things to me! I love colors on that palate! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy! totally want a smoothie now! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh I definitely want to start that book series :) I think i want to indulge in a smoothie as well !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love taking myself on dates :) Sometimes its just nice to slow down and be alone for a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eek I'm so excited for you to get to see Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oo i love that pix of ur with the blue background!!! made your skirt pop out!

    xoxo, yvonne
    www.simplyvonne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy things for this week!
    Four years ago today, I was in Hawaii on my honeymoon...
    And, yes, thinking of your hubby and all our troops. May God bless them all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like such a refreshing week being thankful for all the things God loves to bless you with! I've decided that I need to come visit you after I'm done being pregnant. Looking at all your cute pics makes me miss you! Thank God for a new week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've taken myself out on a date before... dinner at a new restaurant & a movie! You are sooooo right when you say that being alone doesn't always have to be a bad thing. Sometimes it's good for us to have some time to ourselves :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love "dating myself," as you put it. Cute phrase :) My fav outing with me are my solo matinees. I haven't done one in a while, but I am DUE for a solo movie. Those are the greatest :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you had a lot of fun on your "date" for one! It's nice to do stuff like that every once in a while -- just makes you feel sort of refreshed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I took myself to the movies yesterday (saw Fast Five) and was going to go out to my favorite mexican retaurant but they were closed. It would have been my first dinner date (alone). Guess that'll be my next date with myself.

    I know I just started reading you but I'm super excited for you & your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have dated myself...for many years, haha. I'm good company, what can I say.

    I'm so happy your trip is getting so close. I know you are beyond excited. Still hope nothing changes at the last minute for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. To be honest, I love to go to movies alone. I lovelovelove all the silly whispery conversations my hubby and I have when we go to the movies, but sometimes he doesn't want to see a movie, so it's easier to go alone than to listen to him whine that I want to see, yes, another Katherine Heigl movie without having to say, over and over "okay, I realize you think she's a total bitch, but hey, so am I, and she plays one well, and I love her for it.. so just hushhhhh, the movie's starting!"

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Lindsay! Here's to a MUCH better week this week & an EVEN BETTER ONE next week!!! :) So happy you'll get to see your Chris soon. So glad you liked the feature post we did on you today...thanks again!

    Mendi & Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings
    http://herlatenightcravings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it when you post pics of the neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh, I want to read that book/series!
    I haven't dated myself...but I want to SOOOOO bad!!! I crave alone time now, especially because I have 2 little girls. My alone time is non existent...I am a middle school teacher & deal with 160 kids each day & then come home & play with my 2 little girls. My birthday is in a few weeks & I told my husband for my birthday I want a day off to shop, get a pedi & go to lunch...all by myself. It sounds amazing (although 5 years ago I would have never imagined asking for that for my birthday!)

    p.s. so excited about your trip with your hubby!!! Tell him thank you for his service to our country. You guys deserve to have an amazing time together!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've been known to read a book or two at the store :) I used to go to Border's and read while my daughter was at preschool (before I had my little one) It was great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those chips and queso look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like a lovely time. I am taking myself on a date tonight.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts