Craigslist Find:: A Dresser For My Studio

 I've been searching on Craigslist for a dresser to put in my studio foreverrrr. Searching Craigslist in Hawaii is really frustrating. Things are either really ugly, waaay too expensive, taken already, or all three. So, I was elated when I finally found just what I was looking for, for $30 and I was the first to respond! Woohoo!

Here is my new little dresser sitting pretty in my studio. Eh, she needs a little work, but I like her. At least she's got nice legs. ;)






I'm excited to have a place to organize my shipping supplies and display some pretties in my studio. Originally, I was thinking of painting it a fun color like this beautiful dresser by Erin of Domesticated Adventure. I love the bright yellow and the fun drawer pulls.


But now, I'm thinking of refinishing it with a lighter stain so it can be moved around our house in the future. And of course, it will be getting some awesome new drawer pulls. Maybe in some fun bright colors?



Comments

  1. Craigslist is seriously the best place to shop! I love love love it! Greta find, friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a gorgeous find! and a great price!! my desk that i'm sitting at right now was also found via craig's list - it's a great resource!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a great fine! I really like the way the wood looks...so I would do another stain color. But that is my choice and I'm sure that you will pick the correct thing! :) I would really like the fun pull things though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the dresser! i think it's awesome the way it is, but even sprucing it up with a new stain color or paint would be really fun, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great dresser!!! I love mid-century style...it blends so well with lots of other styles and works in most surroundings.

    Glad you got it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh love it! can't wait to see the finished product.

    and aw, that picture above it makes my heart melt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whatever you decide I'm sure you'll have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's such a great dresser! So happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally agree - Craigslist is so frustrating here in Hawaii! The pickings are slim here on Maui. :(

    Great find for $30!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute!! Can't wait to see what you do with it!! I think choosing to refinish it in a lighter stain so that you can move it throughout your house is a great idea, but definitely think you could add pops of color with your new pulls!! Those are something that can always be changed out later if you get tired of them!! Great find!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way super cute and so much potential! I have some beautiful antique furniture in my bedroom that would be fun to paint but it would basically be ruining it forever. Hooray for furniture that you buy off Craigslist without emotional attachments! :)

    I hope your last few days with Chris are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts