Joel Dewberry is in my bedroom.

 I'm in love with Joel Dewberry. Well, okay, maybe just his fabric collections. So, that was the first thing I thought of way back when I was considering a bedroom makeover. 

And here he is! Well, actually, here's his fabric in the form of curtains in our bedroom. And more specifically, his Herringbone pattern fabric in the color Pond.



I love how bright and airy they are with just a touch of pattern. They play really well with my Urban Outfitter Sunshine Medallion shams! (Oh, and with my name tag from Creative Estates, hanging on my lamp... :) 



And guys, they were so simple. I ordered 5 yards of this fabric on Etsy, from Lily Bella Fabrics. I asked the shop owner, Christy, if she would mind cutting the 5 yards in half, into two 2.5 yard pieces. She graciously agreed!

 (I figured, better someone who works with fabric every day to cut them, because heaven knows I would make them all wonky!) 

When they came in the mail, I pulled them out, ironed each fabric panel, cut off the selvage (the white strip on each side) and clipped them in using curtain ring clips that I bought for $5 at Home Depot. 

Yep, no hemming. Lazy man curtains. 



I think you can probably guess that I'm not really all nit-picky about finished edges. So, I probably will never actually hem them, because I certainly can't tell the difference. What do you think?


Yep, I have one glaringly orange lamp, and one black lamp. I painted the orange lamp and then realized how awful it looked so I've been stuck with that for a month. I may try to go a little more red with it and see if that works. What color do you think I should go with for the lamps? Or just stick with the original black? I feel like there's too much black going on in there. Hm. 

A few more projects to work on and share, but Operation: Curtains has been completed! 

Have you made any curtains lately? 
Are you a hem or no-hem kind of girl?


Comments

  1. Your curtains look great! I do love that fabric! If you wouldn't have told me, I would have never realized they weren't hemmed! As for the lamps...maybe you should paint them green! The same shade as that little throw pillow! :) I think that would look pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I'm really doing this... I have been reading your blog for a couple of months now but have never commented before now. For some reason your lamps have made me feel compelled to comment. Lol! I think you should paint them a really great mustard-ish, gold-ish yellow (sort of like the color your name tag strap looks like)! It looks like that is one of the colors in your UO shams and I think it would look fabulous next to the color of your curtains and it would help brighten up the black of the bed and the side tables. But, whatever you decide to do with them I'm sure will look wonderful!!

    Wow, I can't believe I just typed that long of a comment about lamps...

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks beautiful! I say go for a golden yellow lamp base ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks amazing! I love that you did not finish the edges. A) No one can tell B) It makes me feel better about myself :) Have so much fun with that hubby of yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I looove how cute this looks! And I tend to be a hemmer...a little OCD about it, I guess. :) But you totally can't tell, and I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. luuuurve your curtains!! the fabric is fantastic!! the pillows to die for. it all looks so great.and i totally a agree with going for the mustard lamps it would look sweet but you also love coral. its kinda hard to tell if there is any coral in the pillows but either way i think you should paint them for that extra pop of color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! The room looks so refreshing. Its very inspirational! I think the lamps would look good the color green that is in your throw pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those curtains! what a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Being a virgo, I am a total perfectionist and I NEED finished edges. However, I never would have even known your curtains weren't hemmed until you said something! Sneaky sneaky!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the curtains with the pillows! So great. :)

    I'm a diehard hem tape gal, no sewing necessary and it's extremely easy!

    and I love your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE them! And I REALLY love those pillow shams! I'm a stitch witchery kinda gal! It's a total fak-it method that I LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would paint the lamp bases green! The blue and the green would really pop and match the colors in the shams :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the curtains! I just made some curtains for my daughters room out of bedsheets. Pretty easy! I love the clip idea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The curtains look awesome! Your room is so light and airy, I love it. As for the lamps.. I say mustard or green. Something that'll really pop.

    ReplyDelete
  15. For the lamps..Maybe that pretty green color of the little pillow on your bed? Love those shams!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so glad you posted this! I've been wanting to put up curtains in our bedroom but wanted to find inexpensive way that didn't involve sewing!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Joel Dewberry too! I'm a hem girl....and I would paint your lamps mustard yellow!!

    Your drapes look so pretty. I love that fabric too and want it in every color in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that they aren't hemmed! That fabric is awesome... I would suggest green lamps, but that's only because I am obsessed with green...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks so nice.

    I say do black over the orange and then rub/sand paper (whatever) the orange through. Get a crackly look or something.

    Truth be told, I'm not that crafty. But that's what my brain came up with.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very nice curtains...love the "fresh" feel to them.

    I happen to like your orange lamp...think it pulls the fabric out of your pillow shams. Maybe you just need one or two more pops of orange to tie it all together...picture frame or blanket/throw.

    (of course orange is my fave color) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the fabric! It looks so pretty in your room! I'd go with a version of the lime green (maybe one or two shades lighter than the one in your pillow case and lean more toward the blue family than yellow with it. Just my opinion. Im sure it will look great whatever you choose :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. no hem all the way!! why do it? i mean, no one is going to look THAT closely at your curtains.
    p.s. you can make me some curtains and orange lamp stands any day, haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. i like the orange from this side of the computer screen. what about a yellow? or a green?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for posting pics of your curtains. I was debating purchasing this fabric for curtains for our master bedroom and Googled the fabric to see if anyone else had used the fabric for curtains so I could take a sneak peek. They look great! I can't wait to make the curtains! As far as the lamps, I would go yellow or white... I'm such a sucker for canvas and white!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts