Si's nursery tour!


As Silas's nursery has come together over the past three months, it's become my favorite room in the house. Before he was born, I spent a good amount of time in there, reading, blogging, folding his tiny clothes and dreaming about what life would be like when he arrived.

I posted about the inspiration behind his room in this post. The goal was to create a room that reflected our love of adventure, travel and bright colors (and our hope for Si to have wonderful adventures with his life!) without being too "themey". The whole design plan started with the Katie Daisy print that I love so much, and evolved from there. I love the mixture of modern and bright colors, a few industrial, manly touches and a some vintage pieces too. 











It's hard for me to choose my favorite element in the room, but if I had to choose, I think it might be the globe. My brothers and sisters and I grew up spinning that globe with our little fingers in my parents' basement. On our trip home in May, I basically stole it from my parents' attic and knew it would be perfect for the nursery.

I wish I could have done more DIY projects for the room, but moving at 30 weeks pregnant left little energy or motivation to get out the craft supplies. Instead, it makes me happy to have so many handmade pieces from friends all over the world, including his custom crib sheet, beautiful artwork on the wall, as well as blankets, burp cloths and bibs that are getting lots of use!

It's the perfect space for our little man and we're excited to spend more time in there with him now that he's finally here.

Source list::

Adventure Painting:: painted by me
Crib:: Walmart
Crib Sheet:: c/o Parker and Posie
Hawaii map:: Everything is Jake
Stuffed Aardvark:: c/o Land of Nod
Chair:: Ikea
Ottoman:: Target
Side table:: World Market
Lamp:: Ikea
Be Silly print:: Wicked Paper,
Wild and Precious Life print::  Katie Daisy
Metal S:: c/o Land of Nod
Globe:: vintage (my parent's from when I was a kid!) 
Dresser:: vintage, Craigslisted
Changing Pad Cover:: Land of Nod
Orange basket:: shower gift
Wire Baskets:: TJ Maxx
Rug:: Urban Outfitters

Comments

  1. Love the eclectic look! You definitely are on the right start with his room and him... It is an adventure that is for sure!. Love that crib- not conventional at all-- so unique- every aspect...

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUPER cute! I love that everything is very simple too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out so great Linds! I love, love, love all of it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it!! It's always nice to have your little one surrounded by pieces that have special meaning to and that they will grow to love too!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful nursery. you did such a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love it! my favorite things are the adventure painting and the baskets. its so bright and open looking. i bet he just loves it in there :)

    i was also inspired by a katie daisy print and i wanted to stay away from something too themey. funny how they still turned out so different. (http://www.etsy.com/listing/97338017/so-loved-11-x-14-large-format-print)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love his room! That globe definitely makes the room. I love the rug too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! dreamy! i love the maps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! Love it all! :)

    Lauren
    http://laurensweetnothings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. the mid century dresser is off craig's list? that's an incredible score. it's my favorite thing in the room. LOVE IT ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We just bought that ottoman last night (in the black and white flower print)! So adorable. I love all of the colors alongside the muted gray of the crib and the black crates on the wall (great idea!).

    ReplyDelete
  12. hello there. Congratulations on the birth of your precious boy. I stumbled on your blog spent my entire day reading the entire blog; your love story, the wedding, the adventures, the move and the art...amazing stuff. You are really blessed. Warm hugs and kisses to you and Si all the way from Lagos. Wow, you have inspired me in ways you cannot even imagine. God bless your beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I cannot express to you on how much I love this room!! You guys did a great job, and I can see why its your favorite room in the house! I love how simple it is, but yet it has everything you need for your little one. Awesome job Lindsay!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful, absolutely beautiful! I can tell you put so much thoughtfulness and love in this room.
    xo
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful room!!! He is so cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it. Simple and sweet and lil bursts of color! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The globe is my favorite element too, I feel like it screams you and Si will grow up loving travel. It's beautiful lady.

    ReplyDelete
  18. this all looks so wonderful! I always have a hard time envisioning a nursery for a boy as my design preferences are pretty feminine. but si's nursery looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's so cute! I may need you to plan a trip to Bama in February or March when my future husband & I are getting our house ready! LOL(:

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks amazing! I love all the sweet little details and the color combination is perfection!

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's so precious Lindsay! Congratulations! I just love the prints and all the pretty yet boyly things. I used to think it was harder to decorate a little boy's room but it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. A really beautiful nursery, Lindsay! I love the dresser and the baskets on the wall, maybe I'll do that too for our little girl's nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You did a great job! I love how its so personal yet simple at the same time. Leaves room for more personal touched along the way. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love his nursery, especially the Mary Oliver print.

    I nominated you for a blog award, although you have more followers than is supposedly allowed. I say-the more the merrier, spread the love, etc. etc.

    http://alattelove1.blogspot.com/2012/08/im-award-winner.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love everything! You've done such a great job in his room, he is sure to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a sweet nursery! I love the orange and grey color scheme, and the Wild and Precious Life print.

    - Mayde (lifeintheburgh.com)

    ReplyDelete
  27. It is perfect Lindsey! Love it! I really like the blue grey and orange combo and the map over the crib. What a special space.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts