lessons in waiting.



Yes, friends, I'm still pregnant. Very much so. My first due date (the one my midwife is going off of) was last Friday and the one that I've been looking forward to since December was yesterday. I'm not surprised that he hasn't made his arrival yet-- I think he must be stubborn like his dad. And he's definitely feeling comfy in there.

We went walking at the state park last night and the weather was so lovely. We saw two gators and almost stepped on a baby snake (Chris said it was poisonous-- maybe a water moccasin?). We strolled down the pier (amidst lots of toothless men getting their fishing on) and watched the sunset, which was breathtaking.

Who knows how many more of those we'll have without Si in our arms?!



I've been taking it easy this week-- keeping my feet up, watching Olympics, going for morning swims in our community pool. We did a few more last minute baby projects over the weekend including setting the pack-n-play bassinet up next to the bed and installing the car seat base in the car. Nothing left to do but wait now. 

Oh, and eat my fill of Oreos before I lose the "pregnancy cravings" excuse. 



I know I said it before, but waiting for this baby is definitely a lesson in God's perfect timing and His perfect plan for us. I think Chris may be just as impatient as I am. He told me the other day, "You know, this is actually harder for me than for you. You've gotten to hold him for 9 months and I haven't even been able to hold him yet!" 

:) 

Soon. 


Comments

  1. Aw, that is way too cute what your husband said :)

    Both my babies were a week late or longer - and yes, it is definitely a lesson in God's perfect timing and patience! Your little man will be here before you know it and it will be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel. My son was 10 days late!
    And don't worry about the Oreos. After the pregnancy excuse, you have the "breast feeding uses 500 calories a day" excuse! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Chris' comment! Hadn't ever thought of that before!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats nice that you have the pool so close to get moving in the morning. i have been really bad about exercising but i hope to move in a treadmill this week that we are borrowing from a friend.

    husband is too sweet ... its cute that he envious of the time you have had with your little mister. im excited for the two of you. hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot get over how cute your belly is! I keep looking at your pics and thinking....that's what my belly's gonna be like in 3 months! {although I'm positive I won't be as darling as you are.}
    And, it's so refreshing to see someone at the end of pregnancy who's still savoring every minute. You're very inspiring, girlie!
    Best of luck, I'm sure Si will be here soon, and we're all waiting patiently for the big announcement!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those last few weeks are the hardest! I went 4 days over, and I think those 4 days were the longest days ever. I hope he arrives soon for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That comment from Chris is adorable!! :) You look great!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. First off, your bump is just adorable! And you look great! I am saying prayers for you as you wait out the last few days before Silas comes! It has been a blessing to me to be following your blog and your Instagram. Can't wait for the announcement of the little guy....just a mater of days now:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look fab! I love your belly!! What a beautiful sunset! Hope he comes and plays soon! Super excited for you!

    xoxox

    JeNeal @ piecesofluv.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whew, I'm really emotional because what Chris said almost made me cry.

    Waiting is tough, but its so true that His timing is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My mom was mad that I was late, it ended up putting me a year later in school. I just missed the cutoff!

    He'll be here when he's ready... but I know the waiting must be SO HARD.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praying for you, Chris, and your precious little guy.

    I rejoice that God's timing is truly perfect. =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh the waiting.. it's so tough isn't it? My first, Brookelyn, was a week late and I remember just dying to have her and hold her. Your poor little cankles... the joys of pregnancy ha? You are just adorable though with that belly. Thinking of you & hoping that Sila's comes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Omg what Chris said is the cutest, sweetest thing ever! Hoping you meet your little one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have you tried spicy food yet? I'm so impatient, I think I'd be super anxious!

    That's very sweet of your husband to say that!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're so lucky to have such a sweet husband! Hope you get to see him soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm right there with ya momma! Everyone seems to have a "way" to get my babies out, and none of it works. he only medicine is TIME which is such a hard pill to swallow. Hope to see you on the flip side soon with these sweet babies.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Chris quote. Super sweet and very true!!! Your feet are adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. whoa, big belly! i totally know how you feel...i was a little late too and ready for my baby to come out! sweet comment from your hubby :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your husband's little comment was so cute. It is God's way, like you said, and I'm sure that he wants you all to have your little one at the perfect time.

    XO Krystin

    ReplyDelete
  21. I was wondering about you! I'm impatient too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Keep the oreos around; soon you can use the "I'm nursing, so I'm always hungry" excuse. Hope Si makes his arrival soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts