it's the little things:: lizards and turquoise toes


There's so much big stuff going on this week as we wait for Si, it's been refreshing for me to think about the little, every day things that make me smile. I'm constantly amazed at the way God continues to bless us, not only in major ways, but through the seemingly mundane too. 

I got my hair cut two weeks ago and haven't been really happy with it. I called my salon and asked if they would be willing to fix it for me. Not only am I super excited about my improved trim, but the stylist who cut my hair was an adorable girl from Moldova, who I know I'll be going back to often! A haircut that finally feels like me + a new favorite stylist = big smiles over here. 

We have two adirondack chairs that sit outside our front windows. If the heat and humidity ever subside, I'm sure we'll spend many a night watching the sunset from these chairs, but until then, the little lizards (I think they're called anoles?) get pretty good use out of them. It makes me giggle a little to see them perched on the chairs, just chilling. 

I can't reach these toes anymore and I was hankering for some pampering so I went for a pedicure last week. I opted for a bold turquoise shade in honor of my little boy. Also, this is the least swollen my feet have been all week. Hallelujah! 

Those are just a few of the things that have been keeping me smiling as we wait for Si. What are the little ways you've been blessed this week? Link up your posts below! 


party rules.

1. Only link to your specific blog post, not to your blog's main page. See here for more explanation. 

2. Grab a button and/or include a link back to this post so your readers can come see what the fun is all about! You can find the code for the button on the sidebar or on the "little things" page.

3. Make sure you visit (and comment) on other posts linked up-- what fun is a party if no one talks to each other? Make some new friends! 

4.  Please make sure your post is relevant to this party and is actually a "little things" post (ie. no giveaways, random posts from last month, etc.). 





Comments

  1. congrats on your smaller feet! im just getting to a point where mine are swollen daily so i realize the excitement of seeing your ankles :)

    i love that polish color and your rug!!! i must know where that rug came from!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Elizabeth! Seriously, having space between my toes makes me happier than I ever thought it would. Ha!

      The rug is from Urban Outfitters! They have tons of super cute, affordable rugs on their site. :)

      Delete
    2. thats why i think its so awesome. our living room rug is from UO and i registered for a green one for mister's nursery from there. i heart UO and their affordable rugs. thanks!

      Delete
  2. love your toe color! :) I am 18 weeks tomorrow and I have just noticed some swelling in my feet, eeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for the salon fixing the trim and yay for finding a stylist you like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those little lizards!

    it's hard to find a good stylist. we just moved to a new city and personally i'm kind of afraid of going to a new place. people always cut off several more inches of my hair than i ask and i've been trying to grow it out for about a year now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was praying for you this morning! The last week of my pregnancy was the hardest - so much anticipation and anxiety and discomfort and excitement. It was just such an emotional time! I remember taking a bath one night while Andrew went to pick up dinner and just crying, crying, crying because I was so ready to meet my son. I imagined how many other moments like that had taken place between God and his daughters - mamas who were just READY. And how exciting it must be for Him to know the joy they were about to experience. And the next day, I went into labor :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My feet are the same color right now! I wish I had a good stylist, but glad you found one. Love your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Visiting from theworldsosweet via Life Rearranged. Turqouise is my fave color at the moment, so of course I love the toes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your hair looks great & I do love that color on your toes! happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This post made me smile!

    Your hair looks adorable. I'm so glad you found a great stylist.

    Aw...the lizards! We have geckos that come and climb one of our windows during certain seasons. It's so fascinating to sit and watch them catch bugs and climb about.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I promise I read your blog often, I'm just a bad commenter, haha! But, where do you get all of your rugs?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving your haircut! Always great to feel awesome about how it looks and feels!

    So getting matching turquoise toes next time I get a pedi (which is like once every year - since I'm madly ticklish during the exfoliation part... eek!)

    Feeling dumb, but it can't hurt to ask... I LOVE THAT PATTERN under your toes! Please, please... source? :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those little lizards are so adorable! My grandmother had a place down in Florida for quite a few years before she passed away, and we loved playing with those little guys. I'm sure once your lovely baby boy arrives, it won't be long until he starts causing mischief this them too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Growing up, my grandparents had a condo in Sarasota, FL and I used to LOVE catching those lizards! Seeing those lizards really makes me miss my trips down there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. woohooo anyday!!! can't wait to e-meet little one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. There's no skepticism that the bean carrier settees are the trendy household furniture for your both grown ups in addition to children. Nowadays these tender in addition to comfy settees utilized for your comfy in addition to elegant seats in the home and also for your decor of the property. Your complete family members may use the idea regarding seats. Many people appear in the big various colours, shapes and sizes.Type of chair or lizard

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts