things.

The rain is dripping off the eaves of our house and a cool breeze is coming in through the windows. I'm sitting in my favorite chair in the house and listening to Chris making breakfast before he heads off to school.



Upstairs, four kiddos, my brother and sister-in-law are just waking up. They'll be staying with us for the weekend and I'm hoping the rain clears so we can go into the city for some cannolis and sight-seeing. We've spent the week getting the house ready for guests (my parents come in a few days after my brother's family leaves). I was pretty much just excited for the excuse to buy some more sunflowers. They make me think of my time spent doing missions in Romania and the beautiful people that I grew to love there. 



My left big toe is aching and I think I may have broken it just a little yesterday. Or maybe just a bad bruise. I tend to be dramatic with these kinds of things. Chris and I were putting together our now yellow bed frame and one of the side-rails dropped on my toe. Ouch. Worth it though. I smile every time I walk into our room and see that big 'ol yellow bed. (More details on that next week!) One more project down, countless more on my list.



Chris rolls his eyes every time I say this, but I cannot believe that August is here and my baby is a week away from turning one. It just blows my mind and I might be shaking my head in disbelief for a few weeks. Wasn't he an itty-bitty baby just a few days ago?! We don't have any plans for a big party-- just a day enjoying our boy and spending some time with my parents. I'm sure we'll have some cake too, of course.


happy weekend, friends! 

Comments

  1. I love that bed its beautiful! Enjoy your time with your family, though I am sure that you will. Silas is such a cutie! Its hard to believe its been a year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that Annie Sloan paint?!?! I MUST know what it is. Did you strip and refinish the frame or just paint it as is? Inquiring minds need to know! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that Annie Sloan paint?!?! I MUST know what it is. Did you strip and refinish the frame or just paint it as is? Inquiring minds need to know! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not Annie Sloan-- it's actually just plain old interior Behr paint! I'll have all the details on my process on the blog next week- I promise!

      Delete
  4. I can't believe he's almost a year too! Time really does fly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just talking about Parker's first birthday that is coming up in a month...I really don't want to throw a party and I think I'm ok with that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I think it's totally okay to skip the big party (or a party at all!) A quiet celebration is ok and I think us bloggers tend to forget that sometimes.

      Delete
  6. How is Silas a year already? That's crazy. And I love that you painted your bed frame yellow. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. enjoy family time! hope you have a gret weekend with them...your house is turning out so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love having a houseful of guests! And that bed looks so happy and comfy, can't wait to hear more about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blessings! Pretty little room area! Love that yellow too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts