si's first hike.




Last night, we took Silas on his first hike. It's been a long time since we laced up our shoes and headed out for a hike and this one was far more relaxed than our usual adventures. But as soon as we stepped into the woods and inhaled that first breath of fresh forest air, Chris and I both know we had missed hitting the trail more than we had even thought. We tried out our consigned hiking backpack for the first time and Si loved it. You should have seen him drinking it all in, staring at the leafy trees and watching the ground move beneath his dangling toes. Watching him enjoying his first hike so much made it all the more exciting for us. Before we even walked ten feet on the trail, we spotted three deer, including one fawn. Later on, Chris found the most beautiful blue jay feather lying on the ground and when I saw those tiny yellow flowers, I couldn't believe they were actually itty bitty snapdragons-- moving parts and all! It was a really sweet time with my little family and the Hawaiian pizza we all scarfed down afterwards was just icing on the cake. Before we even walked ten feet on the trail, we spotted three deer, including one fawn. Later on, Chris found the most beautiful blue jay feather lying on the ground and when I saw those tiny yellow flowers, I couldn't believe they were actually itty bitty snapdragons-- moving parts and all! It was a really sweet time with my little family and the Hawaiian pizza we all scarfed down afterwards was just icing on the cake. 

Comments

  1. how fun and exciting! what a lovely deer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing deer (or other big 4-footed mammals). This place looks beautiful. Those yellow flowers are commonly known as butter-and-eggs. They are in the same plant family as snapdragons so they look similar. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linaria_vulgaris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thanks for the info! That's so interesting. They are so sweet!

      Delete
  3. Oh how fun! It's great having so much nature right at your fingertips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am I the only one who noticed your last paragraph? Google went wonkers-- or my eyes did... Can't believe he came across a feather like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm, what's wrong with the last paragraph? I don't see anything on my end.

      Delete
    2. Its duplicated... it repeated twice
      "Before we even walked ten feet on the trail, we spotted three deer, including one fawn. Later on, Chris found the most beautiful blue jay feather lying on the ground and when I saw those tiny yellow flowers, I couldn't believe they were actually itty bitty snapdragons-- moving parts and all! It was a really sweet time with my little family and the Hawaiian pizza we all scarfed down afterwards was just icing on the cake.

      Delete
  5. What a fabulous family outing! Hikes are such a fabulous way to enjoy nature and each other. I'm so glad your little man had a blast!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts