shop update:: new art prints!

Good morning! I'm slowly rubbing the sleep out of my eyes as sunlight filters through the studio window behind me. I love early mornings where I get to sneak up here before Silas wakes up. But I think it's going to be a rough one considering we're out of coffee. (Yes, that's how I measure how a day will be-- by the quantity and quality of coffee I get to sip on. Somehow over the past six months, I've evolved ((devolved?)) a coffee fiend.) Not sure how we let that 'little' detail slip through the grocery list, but I think I hear Chris downstairs using our mortar and pestle to grind up some whole coffee beans we found in the back of the cabinet. Desperate times, ya know. 


Anyway, I wanted to share three new prints that are hitting the shop today. A new series, actually! I'm calling it my 'Happy Place' series-- betcha didn't see that title coming. The first three that are hitting the shop today are 'the kitchen', 'the garden' and 'the art studio'. More will be debuting over the next few months and I'd love to hear what your happy place is! 




I love how they turned out and I hope they make you smile too. The garden print was particularly fun to create, as it was inspired by my mama. You should see her garden-- big bright blooms and lush greens. I carried one of her peonies in my bouquet at my wedding and whenever I walk through our neighborhood with gardens spilling onto the sidewalks, I think of her. The color palette of the print (blues and purples) as well as the gardenia on the right hand side are for her --her favorites. Love you Mom! 

You should also know that I'm in the process of phasing out my prints on canvas. While I love the texture of the canvas, I prefer the stiffness of the paper I'm using now. The paper allows you to display your print without a frame-- on a bulldog clip, taped to the wall with washi tape, etc. and it's less likely to curl up on you. So, if you are a fan of the canvas prints, I'd suggest clicking over and quickly scooping one or two up before they are long gone! 

And one more thing-- prints are now available in 5x7 sizes as well as 8x10! I love this new size- it's (dare I say) so cute! You can choose between the 8x10 and 5x7 sizes in the drop-down menu on each print listing. 

Happy weekend! 

PS. Just as I finished typing this, Chris walked up the stairs with a steaming cup of coffee in hand. Hand-ground beans and the perfect amount of toffee almond creamer-- if that's not love, I don't know what is. 



Comments

  1. Love these! My happy place is a good book and big mug of coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you got your coffee. I know I couldn't survive without it. ;-) I adore your new prints. They are so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these! I agree with Kara, a good book and a cup of coffee is my happy place.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts