I Have Three Things to Tell You...

 Happy Friday amigos! Lately Fridays have been especially welcome because Chris has been underway during the weeks and coming back home for the weekends. So, I get to see him today and we get the whole weekend together!

Yesterday, my buddy Rachel and I worked some power tools and hung a duo of shelves in my studio/guest room. I've been needing some sort of system to get my paintings off the floor. Here's my solution.


It's not a good project unless there's some spray paint involved, right? These shelf brackets were black and I sprayed them with some semi-gloss white. I still have to paint over the screws. 


Oh, what? You wanna know where to acquire one of these paintings for yourself? Sure! Just check out my Etsy shop. I'd be happy to have to rearrange my shelves. :)


I want to find a dresser for under those shelves to store and organize my shipping supplies. And I think I'm actually going to sell that Goodwill desk. It's actually a left handed desk and it's not really as functional as I'd like. I'll be sure to keep you updated as the room evolves. 

So, my blogger buddy, Joi needs your help. She is one of THREE finalists in the St. Louis 'Living Space of the Year' contest! The contest ends today and she needs every vote she can get! You can vote for her HERE

Not only does Joi have a beautiful home and blog, she's such a sweet person too. And she's a Spanish teacher! Woot woot! Here are some of her beautiful spaces. 




Aaaand one last thing on this beautiful Friday. If you're itching for a new blog design, now's the time to do it! Designer Blogs is having a sale--50% off their premades! They have some adorable designs and this is the best deal you'll find out there! Go scoop one up before they're all sold out!





(Also, if you mention you found them through Aisle to Aloha, I'll get a referral point with $5 towards my next service with them--and we know I'm always changing my mind on things so that'd make me a very happy blogger!)


Have a fabulous weekend! We're going to Cirque du Soleil on Sunday! Eek, I'm so excited! :)

Comments

  1. Always wanted to go to Cirque du Soleil...can I come? :)

    Like the pics on the shelves, but where are the shelves, over the bookcase? Just wondering how my room is looking since it was so comfortable before! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linds! I love this post! Your new shelves are great...I'm thinking of something custom I want from you...I LOVE that tree with the heart leaves print.

    #2--Thanks for blogging about my contest. YOU are the sweetest and I'm so glad we "met." I seriously can't wait for the day when we get to gallivant around Hawaii. ; )

    Have a super fun weekend with your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your paintings - love Joi's spaces ♥♥ - and I LOVE Cirque du Soleil.

    When I went to Cirque a couple years ago I got into a conversation with an old guy next to me who ranted at me about creative people being so "broken" and selfish. Weirdo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom--the shelves are above where the head of the bed was. We moved the bed around to under the window.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Thanks so much for stopping by {and following} my blog! Yours is adorable, and I will definitely be following back. Your paintings are awesome!

    You may miss fall {and I would too} but seriously, you live in my favorite place on earth! We honeymooned in Hawaii, and I can't wait to go back! Where are you from originally?

    So glad I found you! {or that you found me}

    Happy weekend, and enjoy the time with your hubs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The shelves look great! You've inspired me, I also need to put some shelves up in my studio/guest room.

    Tania : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous paintings! I really love the bicycle.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts