A Cute DIY Wreath.

I can't take any credit for this project. Meg posted about this on her blog and she linked to a great tutorial that she used. I never thought I was a wreath person until I saw hers. So adorable. Here's mine. 


So simple too. I used a foam wreath, about 1/3 of a yarn skein, and some squares of felt. Wrapping the yarn around the wreath was tedious and took a lot of time. I did it while watching old episodes of The Amazing Race. (Have I ever told you how much I LOVE that show? I wanna race with Chris some day). 


I like how the felt flowers match with my entry colors. I didn't even mean to do that. Awesome. 

(By the way, do you like our purpley- brown door? Blech. Wish I could paint the thing.)


Rolled flowers are so easy. I also cut some leaves out of some burlap I had sitting around. 


At first I tried to use craft glue to attach but that didn't really work and I don't have a hot glue gun. Then I realized that pinning the flowers in would work best AND have the added bonus that I can change out the flowers and embellishments later. 


Love it. 


Any fun fall projects on the docket?


 

Comments

  1. Very adorable and very impressive!! I want one, but don't think I have the patients to wrap all the yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute:)! love the simplicity and color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job! I love the bright flowers...they really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is SO SO SO SO cute! Oh my gosh I am TOTALLY making one like that for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that I am totally going to have to make one of these this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! I love that you chose white with non-holiday colors. Stunningly simple.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SUPER CUTE! I love the pinning idea- then you'd only have to wrap the wreath once:) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super adorable...I can see it from my window! Maybe this would be a fun project for Zoe and I one day next week? Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love it!! you did such a great job! i agree with the yarn portion of it - very tedious - but not so bad when you have a good tv show to entertain you :) so glad i could inspire you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! I love the colors you used.

    I did a fall bunting, and it's my favorite project from this fall. The tutorial can be found here:

    http://jdavissquared.blogspot.com/2010/09/fall-bunting-tutorial.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous, L! I love, love, love it!!! Expect a copy cat version from me soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts