Fresh Paint {& Some Venting}

 Some new paintings to show you!

This modern spin the chrysanthemum flower is already listed in my Etsy shop.


I'll be taking some better pictures and listing this cute ampersand later today. I think it would be perfect for a gallery wall. Remember I can do custom colors and sizes, so if you want something a little different, just let me know! 


This one's not finished yet, but I wanted to give you a sneak peek anyway. I'm digging the mint green. 


So, despite a productive week on the Etsy shop front, it's been stressful around the Wilkins' house. Can I vent just a little here? Feel free to just look at the pretty pictures above if you feel like it. I won't blame you. :)

Chris has had some really stressful and frustrating few months at work. A lot of late nights, extra days at work, and discouraging interactions. I won't go into too many details but let's just say that I (we) were really looking forward to November when we were told that he would be going to training for three weeks here in Pearl Harbor. Schools are generally pretty great, given that there's a much more lenient schedule and none of the usual stress from his work. 

Well, we just found out that he won't be going to that school. I guess I forgot that you can't count on the military to follow through with any plans. It was a tearful evening (on MY part) last night when he broke the news to me. Instead of an easy schedule and getting a three day weekend together, he gets no break from that stress AND he'll be gone for about a week over that three day weekend. I know other people on his ship don't get a break, but I'm just SO ready for the stress to stop. And I know Chris is too. 

On top of that, he has spent months preparing for a board transfer to get to his dream job and we also found out recently that he may not even get a chance to get to that board. I want so badly for Chris to be able to follow that dream of his and it breaks my heart that he may not even get the opportunity to try for it. 

I'm so proud of him. His great attitude, his hard work, days with little sleep. I wish there was more that I could do for him. Dinner on the table at night and countless "I'm proud of you"s seem so useless sometimes. 

So that's what's going on here. Light and happy Friday post, huh? Thanks for letting me vent a little. You guys rock. 

Have a happy weekend! Chris is hoping to get off a little early today and then on Saturday we are taking a boater's course together so we can rent pontoon boats and take them out in the bay! :)

Comments

  1. One thing I've learned about being in the military is that nothing is permanent - the good or the bad. Hang in there, and remember, you're in Hawai'i! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty paintings! I love the petals on the chrysanthemum flower - they look like little droplets. Oh, and the ampersand on a yellow background looks striking & bold :)

    Sorry to hear about what your husband's going through :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about the schedule change. That's the part I hate the most :( Sounds like you're going to have a fun weekend to let it roll off your back for a bit. Try to enjoy all the seconds you get with him!

    {and awesome paintings! I love the Mint green too! I wish I had enough walls for all your works!}

    ReplyDelete
  4. ): That sounds like such a frustrating process! But at least you have each other to lean on. Even though we don't always know what it is, God has a plan and He will certainly make sure you guys are safe and happy!

    PS. Loving the ampersand painting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, dang. Sorry, L! Hope something great comes out of all of his hard work! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry you've been stressed. :(
    Hang in there and you'll get through it!

    your paintings are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful paintings!

    i hope things get better for you soon...things always seem to workout in the end for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grand paintings. Love the first one especially! Just gorgeous. And your photography is beautiful as well.

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts