Casting My Cares on Him.

I have to apologize for my lack of good content on the blog this week. I mean, I wrote a post about cleaning my white slipcover yesterday!? Seriously guys, thanks for coming back each day and leaving me sweet comments. You rock. 



I've been feeling rather inadequate and uninspired lately. A lot is on my heart this week. Having a best friend leave everyone she knows and loves behind with no contact for months on end leaves one feeling betrayed and confused. I think about her everyday and pray for her constantly. She's not dead but we are most certainly grieving a loss. Watching your husband's dream job slip from his fingers and not be able to do anything about the massive burden of stress on his shoulders sucks big time. Even something as silly as my low Etsy sales is causing me to feel like a failure.

I may be inadequate to solve these problems or even to lessen the load for those I love, but my Jesus is not. And how amazing that he implores me to come unload even the smallest of my troubles onto HIS shoulders instead of carrying them around on my own? So why do I insist on carrying them and stumbling under their weight?

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

Off to do some casting. Beach in the morning and working on a fun custom painting. :)

Comments

  1. I came across this verse this morning and I wondered what to do with it. Now I know...

    “The Lord, He is the One who goes before you. He will be with you, He will not leave you nor forsake you; do not fear nor be dismayed” (Deut. 31:8).

    ReplyDelete
  2. i found that verse yesterday! sometimes ya just gotta trust :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to remind myself about that truth all the time! Thank you for sharing, a good word for everyone to hear in this world full of burdens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindsay,
    I'm a complete stranger and I am absolutely inspired by your creativity and blog. I love the things you make and I wish I had extra $ to buy EVERYTHING in your Etsy shop. And I'll bet your husband is flattered that you trust him so much to lean on him like that. Please keep up your hard work!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. so encouraging to read your honesty and humility--i really treasure your blog for many reasons. Thank you :)
    --kate

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts