Jewel Tones and Moo Cards

I finished two more paintings yesterday. The first one is a "companion painting" (I totally made that up... but you know what I mean...) to my other palm branch painting. This one has a bright white background and turquoise branch. 16x20 canvas, peeps. 






This next one is on a 9x12 canvas. I'm loving working with these rich jewel tones. Actually, I ran out of my beautiful blue turquoise paint already so I have to order some more. I've tried mixing it but can never get it as good as this particular hue. 

I think this peacock feather looks a little quirky and a bit alien-esque but I really like it. This guy's on a pale gray background. 








Gonna list them later today. Don't you feel special that I show them to you before I put them on Etsy? That's cuz you are special. :) *Cue warm fuzzies and floaty hearts from me to you*

OH! And I also got in my super dee duper awesome business cards from Moo.com the other day. Wanna see? 

I'm gonna show you 180 different shots of them because I love them so much and because I can. And cuz you guys told me yesterday that you love everything that I do. :)


One side has a picture of my artwork and the other has a picture (that I took and think is really rad) of a paintbrush and my 411 (that means info).


I think it's bad to love your own business cards this much. They exist to be given away, but I just want to keep them to myself. 



Along the same line, I feel the same way about my art. I go into my studio and look at my paintings and feel really joyful. And I'm really looking forward to my first sale, but I think it's going to be hard at first to let them go. Especially this first batch, cuz they are really special to me. 




  

Comments

  1. AMAZING!! I want one of your business cards! So artsy, why am I not surprised! :) Awesome new paintings by the way, loving the new palm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to order stationary through moo a while back! I love the site. Your business cards look absolutely amazing! Good job with the new painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linds....I love all your work, but I really love, love, love the peacock. Your business cards are fantastic...can I have one of each?
    Love you!!!
    Jola

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the card! I too made a business card recently for my photography and I understand loving your own card:) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new paintings! fresh and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards (and your artwork!) look great. Really creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your art and business cards are very creative! i really like all of your paintings in your etsy shop. I was wondering if you would ever take requests to paint specific images for us to purchase?

    ReplyDelete
  8. So proud of you! Way to promote yourself!! I love it! And you're right that's a super rad picture on the bus. card!

    Also mentioned you & z blog over on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. O my gosh Linds! I love love love your business cards! They are amAzing...just like you! <3 you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are gorgeous!!! I got mine from moo yesterday and I love them so much I can't bare to give them away!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are gorgeous!!! I got mine from moo yesterday and I love them so much I can't bare to give them away!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts