it's the little things linkup!

After a short holiday break, we're back at it with the Little Things linkup! 

 Things are slightly overwhelming at the moment-- my house is a disaster zone, Si keeps waking himself up from his nap, and I have yet to wash my face this morning. But I needed to sit for a moment and think on some of the little happy things from this week to keep my head from exploding. :) 



I'm sipping on this iced coffee right now and that's my last stripey straw. After a rough night of sleep last night, I'm hoping this will give me the boost I need to get through the morning. 


Si has started to reach around behind him for the globe we have on his changing table. Even though it makes diaper changing a bit more of a challenge, I love seeing him noticing things like that and seeing him try to spin it. Also, it's pretty neat to see my own kiddo playing with something I played with my whole childhood.


The laundry is ridiculous right now. Coming back from vacation is no joke. But as I was getting frustrated about it this morning, I realized how blessed we are to have more than enough clothing to keep us warm and how easy it is for us to keep those clothes fresh and clean.


Up until this summer, I owned a beautiful color wheel necklace from the Yellow Owl Workshop. And then somewhere in our move, I lost it. Chris bought me a replacement necklace for Christmas and it made me squeal when I opened the box. Also, how awesome is their packaging??


Now it's your turn!


party rules.

1. Only link to your specific blog post, not to your blog's main page. See here for more explanation. 

2. Grab a button and/or include a link back to this post so your readers can come see what the fun is all about! You can find the code for the button on the sidebar or on the "little things" page.

3. Make sure you visit (and comment) on other posts linked up-- what fun is a party if no one talks to each other? Make some new friends! 

4.  Please make sure your post is relevant to this party and is actually a "little things" post (ie. no giveaways, random posts from last month, etc.). 

Comments

  1. Parker Penny is doing that exact same arching motion on her changing table...except there is nothing there for her to reach for! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I had to remove the globe cuz he kept knocking it down. He still reaches back there too. Funny!

      Delete
  2. Don't worry, my house is an absolute disaster right now too! Oh, I might have to put that necklace on my birthday wish list. Sooo cute! Chris is a good man. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that color wheel is so cute! props to your hubs for surprising you with that. i got some striped straws for christmas; they make even water exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its so cool that he is already curious about the world and how you find similarities of what you used to like when you were younger. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  5. your persective re: the laundry; :highfive:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, trust me, I don't always feel that way. :) But it's true! We are SO blessed, beyond what I even can comprehend some days.

      Delete
    2. that's what i'm highfiving. that you were not controlled by your feelings (romans 8:8). you renewed your mind with truth.

      Delete
  6. Love that necklace! You are a lucky girl! And it's great that you can look at the mess (laundry) and see the blessing mixed in there too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Si is such a cutie!! & i have to do laundry today but i'm avoiding it...have to remind myself that i'm blessed to have the clothes & the washer/dryer! thanks for helping with that. :)

    hope your weekend is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOve the necklace, I want one now!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE that necklace! How beautiful! Ok, I am going to participate in your Little Things link up next week if I can figure it out! :) I love the idea of it :)
    couplejones.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts