oh baby:: 18 weeks!


headband:: {jcrew}
tee:: {gap}
vest:: {simply audrey}
trouser jeans:: {american eagle}
wedges:: {payless}



This has been a really exciting week. Last week I started to feel more movement in my belly and what I assumed were baby kicks. They got a lot stronger and on our flight from Honolulu to San Diego last Thursday, Chris got to feel our baby kick for the first time! He/she has been doing all sorts of acrobatics in there and I am so completely delighted every time I feel those flutters and taps letting me know the babe is squirming around.

I've been feeling great pregnancy-wise, but oh-so-awful with this cold that just won't go away. I think and hope that it's on the way out. I'm ready to feel 100% again! 

The belly is starting to become obvious, even to strangers. I had so many people inquire about my pregnancy over the weekend-- from the guy at the rental car place, the flight attendant on our flight home and other passengers too. Over and over again, I get the urge to mess with them a bit when they ask "How far along are you?!" I hesitate every time because I just want to give them a blank stare and say, "What do you mean??" Ha.

Oh man, the crazy pregnancy dreams. I normally have pretty out-there dreams, but these are just plain ridiculous. The one that had tears of laughter running down my face as I was trying to explain it to Chris one morning had to do with me becoming engaged to a rotisserie chicken, and then having to call off the wedding because I remembered I was in love with Chris. Best part? The chicken had planned the reception and he was the main course. So weird.

9 more days until our gender reveal party and finding out who is in there! We are so excited to get to know our sweet one just a little bit more.



 lindsay



Comments

  1. ahhhh! these gives me sweet chills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I can't wait to hear what you are having! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. pregnancy dreams??!! i didn't know about these? well...i'm looking forward to laughs the next morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been pregnant, but I have fun messing with people who ask when I'm due (I carry a lot of my weight in my belly, and if I wear the wrong thing or something is twisted, I can look pregnant). I think that would be great fun if I ever DO become pregnant!

    Glad to hear you're finally shaking the cold!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bwa ha ha! That dream cracked me up! I have the strangest dreams when I am pregnant too - I should really write them down, because they can be so funny! Glad you are feeling so well (other than that cold!)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh lindsay, you look positively adorable! when i was about 8+ months pregnant, we were out getting food and the cashier asked me when i was due. i was all like, "dude, what are you talking about?" and without missing a beat, he was like, "oh, obviously you're just hiding a basketball then..." funny stuff. and your dream? sounds ridiculously hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are literally glowing!! you look so beautiful even at just 18 weeks!! :) wish you a healthy and happy pregnancy! :)
    justchalkintherain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are the cutest pregnant woman I have ever seen!!! Seriously glowing!!! Just wait a few more weeks those kicks and flutters will be even stronger and you will wonder what the heck is going on in there:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dream.... I don't even know what to say!

    I seriously think you should play a pregnancy prank on someone and be like, "I'm not pregnant!" So mean but sort of funny ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I laughed out loud when I read about your dream! hahaha =D

    I hope you get over that cold very, very soon!

    Blessings to you, Chris, and your precious little one!

    -Sarah

    P.S. That vest is adorable!!! I have a slight obsession with crochet/lace vests. It's the inner flower-child/bohemian/free spirit in me. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did that once when I was about 7 months pregnant with our last baby. I'm a twig except for my belly, so it's super obvious, but I couldn't resist after being asked about the baby for the 8th time at one single party. I got a confused look on my face and said, "oh, I'm not pregnant." It was two men, and one of them got a panicked look, and the other was like, "yeah right, honey," and started laughing. I couldn't keep from busting up then. lol

    You look adorable!

    Aloha,
    Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  12. you are a beauty in stripes!!

    can't wait for reveal (i'm thinking girl!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. yes, so man more people talked to me when i was pregnant! it was soo fun! and the kicks and wiggles are THE BEST!! can't wait for your gender reveal party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, pregnancy dreams. I had a dream that I gave birth to a toddler last night. A 3 year old toddler boy. Haha! It's so nice to find another blogger who is in the same week of pregnancy as me :) We are finding out the gender in 5 days. Can't wait! Have fun at your party and I can't wait to see the pics and see what you're having! (I vote boy) :)

    http://jenhammer.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the headband; that is a great look. And your pregnancy dream is hilarious, love it. Poor chicken. He missed out on the girl AND didn't get eaten. ;-)

    Love that you are feeling the baby and Chris has been able to as well, yay! Must feel so good that you feel him or her kicking and moving around. Can't wait to find out if it is a ittle boy or girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Look at you and that little bump! Cute, cute, cute!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  17. to cute!
    you are a very adorable momma to be!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh wow i didnt really feel our baby kick until after 20 weeks. how awesome you can feel it at 18 weeks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. you have the cutest baby bump! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are so cute!! I love how you want to mess people when they are looking at you wondering if you're pregnant! : ) I cannot even imagine what my dreams will be like because they are already so crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look lovely! Adoring the stripes & those jeans. :) Can't wait to find out if it's a boy or a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just started feeling my baby move the last couple of weeks and I LOVE it! :] We find out next Thursday what our baby's gender is and I can't wait! I'm excited to see what you two do for the big gender reveal! I'm sure it will be absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Feeling your sweet little baby move around in your belly is one of the greatest feelings in the world :) You look adorable, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are so cute preggo! You definitely wear it well. Maybe for my next pregnancy I won't gain a zillion pounds and then I can be cute preggo too! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts