karen + charlotte visit oahu!

I feel so blessed by the blogging community and one of the blog friends that I hold most dear is sweet Karen. We've been following each other's blogs for over a year now and I have grown to cherish Karen's grace, sweet heart and uber-talent with the camera. 

Karen and her hubby adopted a sweet, fiesty child from Ukraine almost a year ago and when Charlotte needed surgery on her eyes, they were sent here. I got to spend some time with Karen and fiery "Charlie" a few weeks ago. Let me tell you, that girl worms her way into your heart. Chris and I both were enamored with Charlotte from the very first second we met her. I opened the door to greet Karen and Charlotte into our house and Charlotte waltzed right in, took off her shoes, climbed up onto the couch and made herself at home. That girl knows no stranger. 

We headed up to the North Shore for some Stortos sammies, and beach time. I got to chat in person with my sister-friend while Chris surfed and Charlotte flirted with the waves. I loved hearing firsthand God's provision for Karen and her family over the past year. 



Seeing Chris with that little girl made my heart soar. Makes me so excited for the day he gets to hold our little babe and I know he can't wait until he/she is old to rough-house like Charlotte! 

Thank you, Karen and Charlotte for carving some time out of your whirlwind Oahu trip to spend time with us! Can't wait to hug you again soon! 

PS. The first three photos are Karen's. Check out her blog for more amazing photography and to get to know her beautiful heart. 


  lindsay



Comments

  1. Chris teaching her to "surf" is just the cutest thing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun... and Charlotte's swimsuit is so cute! I'm glad you had such a great time (and isn't a man that loves kids just so awesome?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. as soon as i seen chris helping the little girl with the sufg board i thought to myself he is going to be a wonderful father :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my goodness gracious...these are beautiful.
    The one where she is touching your shoulder and where she's on the surf board with Christ...MELT MY HEART.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful are friends on a beach! :) Isn't Charlotte just the cutest? I think I'm in love - I need me some sandy beach and talkative little people NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! And meeting blog friends is seriously the best! Especially when they have cute kids for you to hang out with as well!! Charlotte is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. such sweet time with you dear friend... so hope we see each other again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Karen to death and am always in awe of her photos...so glad y'all got to meet up!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE these photos!! the one of chris and charlotte is the cutest!! yay for blogger meetups!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow what a cute little girl! What a fun time :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So fun!! I follow both your blogs and am excited you guys got to meet!! I am a military spouse in Germany and your blog makes me want to go to Hawaii next!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chris is going to be a great daddy! Those pictures of him & Charlie are just the sweetest. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts