boy oh boy!


I have to admit that when we found out we were having a boy, I mourned the fact that I wouldn't get to dress my baby in sweet flower headbands and pink ruffle-butts.

 I really love a good ruffle-butt.

Never fear. All I needed was some good internet therapy. I've been doing lots of browsing online for our sweet boy and have discovered some adorable little boy finds and new handmade shops to love.

from left to right, clockwise::

baby boy newborn hat from puntebella on etsy:: Even though we'll be living in warm climates for the first year of baby boy's life, I'm pretty sure I'll find an excuse to dress him in a sweet hat like this.

surfer onesie:: This onesie from Old Navy reminds me of the one I made for Chris to tell him I was pregnant. Only now, we know there's a little dude in there!

handmade plush fox from sleepyking on etsy:: I can just picture this plush little guy hanging out in the nursery. He would add the perfect touch of whimsy.

tiny toms:: I see lots of "needless" purchases in my future-- these yellow corduroy TOMS are so adorable and totally splurge-worthy.


springtime showers bib from little pigeon crafts on etsy:: The colors in this bib are perfect and so happy! 

DIY onesie:: I have zero sewing skills, so I may need one of you to make me this DIY onesie from Omi Creates blog. I'm a wee bit obsessed with stripes for little boys and I am digging the classic shape of this onesie!

I've added a bunch of these items and much more to my Amazon Baby Registry (which is totally awesome because you can add any item from any website!). I like that I can register for the "needs" like a carseat, stroller, diaper cream, as well as the "wants" like prints for the nursery and adorable onesies.

I've also been planning and scheming up our little guy's nursery. It's a bit difficult to truly plan it, since we don't know what kind of living situation we'll be in when we move to Florida, but I will definitely share my inspiration and plans for it soon!


     
       lindsay



Comments

  1. there's tons of cute baby boy stuff out there, trust me! you can dress him up in hats, ties, button down shirts... soo adorable!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable finds. There are so, so many super cute things for boys out there! So fun. My little man is always in stripes, love them here too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, that little knit hat, those adorable baby TOMS and that fox are all just WAY TOO CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You found so many adorable things. I have a boy and a girl and I can honestly say that are both soooooo fun to dress when they're babies. I love a ruffle bum as well, but boys have so many cute little things as well. :)

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay congrats on joining team blue!! ;)
    I am also expecting a boy though we were prepared for a girl haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I spotted that striped onesie on pinterest myself, and my 10 week pregnant super emotional self got a lump in my throat when I saw it. Yeah. I cried about a onesie. I'm glad to see you embracing boy things - I've been afraid that I would be disappointed if we find out we're having a boy, but it does help to see the preciousness out there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. super cute, love the fox and the toms shoes! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. New follower here :) So excited when I found yoru blog and twitter because I am due Aug. 10th (with our 2nd) and it's always fun to have mommy's to follow and relate to. LOVE the TOMS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Allison! Thanks for saying hello! :) Glad you found me. I love finding bloggers I can relate to! :)

      Delete
  9. I felt the same way when I found out I was having a boy: Not as many frills and accessories to plan for:) But every day I get more and more excited that I am having a boy and seeing things like those little toms make my heart swoon! It definitely takes a little more creativity when you're planning for a little dude.
    ~Jennifer
    p.s. I had the little blue bunny from the same etsy store as the fox on my registry too! Love that sweet shop.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A ruffle butt is so much fun. But if our second is a boy, here is what I'm craving: http://pinterest.com/lisalocklin/oh-boy/

    Baby boys goods are getting cuter by the day! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lindsay! I have loved your blog for a year. Months ago when I read your good news I made my hubby come up to share it with me. We've been on the baby kick since almost our first week of marriage 10 months ago (we're old enough ;-)) I'm happy to say now we're expecting and I continue to check your blog for fashion inspiration! We're only 10 weeks along, but I keep thinking of the cute quote "baby bloat". Take care and best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That striped onesie is SOOOO cute! Boys really are so much fun, even if the clothes aren't quite as cute :) I have always thought that I NEEDED to have a girl, but I realized the other day that if and when we decide to have a third child, I would kind of love it if it were another boy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't know if I told you this...but there are 3 of my "friends" expecting in August and EVERYONE of them are having a boy. I had a boy first and they totally rock!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Boys are awesome. My little guy is 4yrs old already and he is just so much fun! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute stuff! I love the Toms!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those little toms are the cutest thing I've ever seen! I'm a new follower :)

    PS: I'm having a giveaway for moms that want to stay organized! Please come check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the little surfer onesie!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE the little onsie! new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Tiny Toms! Stripes! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  20. ohmyword. CUTENESS! loving the mini Toms...he needs a bowtie or two ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts