it's the little things:: orange petals and birthday goodness


I could write a novel about all the wonderful little things that happened this week. It was that good. Do you ever have weeks where you almost burst into tears because you realize all the goodness God has surrounded you with?? That was this week for me. 

Every day this week, these ranunculus have been making me grin from ear to ear. Ranunculus are my very favorite flower and I literally squeaked when I spotted them at Foodland last weekend. 

I love how the bright orange petals go with the teal glass of this vase I thrifted recently. 

(PS. These colors might be making an appearance in a certain little boy's nursery!)



I had a pretty awesome birthday on Monday. It was the first birthday I've ever spent with Chris and we definitely made up for lost time. The past 5 years, we've either been abroad (me in Mexico, him in the Dominican Republic), in school or Chris has been deployed, so spending this birthday together after finding out we're having a little boy was seriously perfect. 

I've been wanting a wafflemaker for forever. Chris surprised me with breakfast in be and when I saw that waffle on the plate I said "Chris, that's a waffle!! A WAFFLE!!"

 I was a bit excited.

I also got to spend the day with my sweet friend Krynn-- we got crepes for lunch and shopped for our babies while slurping chocolate ice cream. 

For dinner, Chris and I packed a picnic and went to our favorite lagoon spot to chow down on artisan bread, brie, olives, coppa and sparkling lemonade. I literally has tears in my eyes as Chris and I sat on that red blanket together. Blessed beyond measure. 

See how my birthday revolved around food?? 

Yeah. 



What were the little things that made your week??


party rules.

1. Only link to your specific blog post, not to your blog's main page. See here for more explanation. 

2. Grab a button and/or include a link back to this post so your readers can come see what the fun is all about! You can find the code for the button on the sidebar or on the "little things" page.

3. Make sure you visit (and comment) on other posts linked up-- what fun is a party if no one talks to each other? Make some new friends! 

4. I reserve the right to 'kick you out of the party' if you aren't playing nice-- so please make sure your post is relevant to this party and is actually a "little things" post (ie. no giveaways, random posts from last month, etc.).


Comments

  1. Oh man, I've had so many of those 'tears in the eyes, why has God blessed me so much' moments lately:) I always feel silly having to explain myself after spontaneously weeping, but I think its worth the joyful feelings and love that God fills us with. Beautiful flowers and happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect birthday! :] And those flowers really are absolutely GORGEOUS! I want some! Haha. I hope the rest of your birthdays are just as wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are presh! i'm so glad you had such a lovely birthday. i love rununculus too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is unreal how cute you are pregnant. You wear it so well!

    Your birthday sounded great! And bless your heart missing all those birthday's away from your man. Obviously it only made this one that much more special!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those flowers are SO pretty, I'm glad you had a happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Week Lindsay! It looks like it was a great one. Those flowers are beautiful. When do we get a sneak peek of your nursery ideas? I love orange and turquoise together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your baby bump just gets cuter and cuter!

    What a great birthday...would love a picnic on the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds like an amazing birthday. Glad it was a good on for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely Birthday you had, glad you got to spend it with loved ones... and great food! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy that you had such a fabulous birthday. Those flowers are GORGEOUS! Love that color combination. It will be so cute in your baby boys room.

    xo,
    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my GOODNESS! Ranunculus are my fave flower too, I never heard of them until i took a floral design class a few yrs ago and immediately fell in love with them! I even named my Etsy shop 'Ranunculusly Cute Creations' after the flower! =)
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Uh yeah that was a cup runneth over week. Those flowers were beautiful. May be my new favorite flower too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have never seen Ranunculusly, but they kind of remind me of Camelias. Very pretty!

    Looks like you had such a great BDay. Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I LOVE birthdays that revolve around food!! Happy belated birthday, beautiful beautiful momma!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you had a wonderful birthday! & congrats on finding out it's a BOY!! :) Love those gorgeous flowers + vase, the colors are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a cute post! I love the method in which Chris revealed the waffle maker to you :) Happy Birthday, girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you had a fantastic birthday, its about time you two (three) spent one together, My husband and I are in the same situation right now we are not quite at 5 years but 2 is more than enough for me :). Have a great week!

    Abbie

    www.englishroseintexas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. hey now. birthday that involve lots of food are GREAT!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts