16 month silas and his new hat.

Silas is almost 16 months old and all boy. It's been really fun to see him transition from a baby into a toddler and I'm not really sure where that change happened. All of the sudden, he's enraptured with trucks, dogs and balls, says a million words (or his version of words, anyway) and gets into everything. He just started saying "hello" (more like "wah-woh") yesterday and I try to get him to say it every chance I get, because holy cow, the cuteness. 



Beyond the adorable factor, we're definitely wading into the discipline territory. Thankfully, he's generally a good listener, but he's also got a stubborn streak and loves to test us. Time-out is hit or miss, since most of the time he just thinks it's a fun, new game. I've had to hide my face a few times when he has me cracking up at his silly antics. 

He just started building towers with his blocks instead of only knocking them down, and he can hear a dog bark from a mile away. He loves people and definitely has inherited the extroverted nature that both Chris and I have. 



As soon as I tell him that we are going outside, he runs to grab his shoes and plops down on the ground for me to put them on his little feet. I'm a little worried about this winter since he seems oblivious to the cold, and wants to go play outside no matter what the temperature. Mama, on the other hand, wouldn't mind staying cozy inside. 

I took these pictures on our walk around the block yesterday. He loves going for walks, and it takes us about 4 hours to walk half a mile since he stops to stare at every single car, truck, bike or other mobile object. 



Emily from Blue Corduroy sent Silas this beautiful knit beanie, and he loves it. I love it too-- the design is adorable, and it keeps his noggin pretty warm on chilly days. If you are in the market for a cozy hat for yourself or your toddler, check out Emily's sweet shop. Her shop is filled with all kinds of great knits--  ear warmers, scarves, granny square pillows! She's offering a 15% discount to HelloHue readers with the code HELLOHUE15 at checkout. 


Comments

  1. He has such a cute little face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like, seriously 4 hours, or just feels like 4 hours? As the mom of a soon-to-be-toddler, I need to know what to expect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love his shoes... Seems like u just had him!...Time for another??? U have a gorgeous son there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. austin and silas would have soo much fun together! everything you described is like austin now (or a few months ago). austin LOVES cars, trucks, etc, takes forever on walks and definitely has a stubborn streak too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet! I love watching my daughter grow. She will be two in a week and it's amazing how much she has changed, even in the last 6 months.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts