a shiny new studio and a fresh start.


The picture above is my soon-to-be new studio space. The top floor of our new house was intended for a master bedroom suite, but the staircase is so narrow our bed won't fit. I gleefully volunteered to use it as my studio space and I've been daydreaming about it ever since. 

Eight skylights, beautiful wood floors, built in storage and exposed ceilings beams. It's pretty much a dream come true. And it's ironic because during our home search, I kept saying, "God isn't a genie", meaning that he wasn't going to necessarily give us all the 'wants' on our list. I knew he would provide some sort of home, but I'm beyond ecstatic that I get to create and dream in this space for the next three years. 

I've been busy thinking about what I want this space to be. Not only the decor side (which has been really fun to scheme up!), but also dreaming about the goals I want to set and the ways God can use me in this space.To be completely transparent, with all the craziness of preparing to move, being in transition and waiting for this house, I've been really lackadaisical about seeking out God's heart. Scratch that-- I've been downright ignoring Him. I can feel it in my attitude and the way I respond to people and situations. My Bible has been buried under a box of wipes in the back seat of our car, but this week, I brought it inside and I can already feel the words I read this morning washing away the built up gunk in my soul. A fresh start is close by and I'm a big fan of fresh starts. 

Comments

  1. Can't wait to see what you do with that space! So beautiful, the sunny shinning in.

    I understand what you are saying about God. I've been there for a while now...ignoring him...avoiding him... it gets so easy to do even though all it does is mess up my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a beautiful space! love all the natural light. And I can relate too about not seeking Him. good post..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new space is gorgeous! I'm so glad you get to stay put for 3 whole years!

    I hope you've found a good church and can get back connected again!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. That space is down right incredible, so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a GORGEOUS space, I think you'll be very happy there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This just made me so giddy inside for you. Very exciting! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're so honest and seeking the Lord again. Me too... I need to read His word again, especially since it's Bible Study Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome. The space, but also definitely your desire to do what HE wants you to do!!! Praise the Lord! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. this room has got so much potential!

    http://same-but-diffrent.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its such a pretty space! Moving is never easy on anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is AWESOME. I love the drawers in the wall. I can't wait to see how you decorate!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eeeek. Excited for you. I love fresh starts too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. All that natural light... pure perfection! I loved this post. God's plan for us is always beyond our wildest/biggest dreams, and that's an amazing and beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts