a much needed break.

 photo longisland4_zpsf9d887fe.jpg photo 4d424dac-1b5a-4380-a5a4-14d122c5c4b0_zpsbda754c4.jpg
 photo longisland3_zpsb8752e12.jpg

A few weeks ago, we took the ferry across the Long Island Sound to stay at Chris' grandmother's cottage. I've been hearing about this place since w   e begandating 7 years ago. As soon as we pulled up, I felt as if I was walking into scenery from a book I'd read. Having heard so many stories over the years, the place was finally coming alive to me, and it was so much more magical than I even imagined. A bright cheery cottage, sitting on top of a hill that ends in a private beach. Smooth pebbles as far as you can see and giant, algae covered boulders sitting in the water. A lobster dinner, followed by frozen lemonade pie for dessert. And late night conversations with Grandma about everything under the sun. Needless to say, it was a welcomed break from our hotel living.

Comments

  1. Beautiful pictures! It looks so incredibly peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet Grandma was proud to see her great grandson!. Beautiful photos as always...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful photos! (As always.) I just got a really nice camera and I'd love to know more how to use it. Have you ever done a series on how you shoot such great photos? I'd love a little Hello Hue Photography 101!

    You've got a beautiful family and I'm glad you've been able to get a little escape from hotel living. Good luck with the new house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a spot out of the movies. Beautiful!
    Such a welcome getaway I am sure.
    But the house will be ready soon enough! And no more hotels for a while hopefully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This place is beautiful and so relaxing. Glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my! this looks absolutely dreamy!
    beautiful photos!
    Silas looks so happy and cute! was he walking barefoot on the pebbles???

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds (and looks) amazing! I can imagine that it was a welcome break. Living in a hotel only sounds good in theory, at least that would be my guess.

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a beautiful place! so glad you got to take a break from hotel living. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts