it's a darn good thing I'm not a perfectionist.

Perfection is boring, isn't it? This is where I'm hoping my darling readers nod their head along with me. At least I'm hoping you agree with me, because I'm about to show you an outfit post with no full-length shot (just imagine my maxi dress brushing up against a pair of really comfy Target sandals), my bra showing, and cannoli filling smears on my shirt from my eager little cannoli-stealer. 


tank:: {forever 21}
maxi dress:: {ruche}
watch:: {target}
earrings:: {stitchfix}


It's a really good thing that I'm not a perfectionist. I don't think I'd ever get a project done if I had anxiety about whether or not the stain on my table is perfectly even. Though I think Chris would probably appreciate me washing dishes a little more thoroughly before putting them in the dishwasher, and I'd probably feel more put together if my bed was made in the morning. 


*edit!*. Ok, this is cracking me up. More proof that I'm not a perfectionist. I credited the wrong Etsy shop for my bag in the original post (it was a gift from Chris). The correct shop is called infusion and Abby makes simply stunning bags. Go check out her shop! 

Comments

  1. You are right, perfect is boring. You look gorgeous! Love the dress. And hey- cannoli smears make an outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this outfit - full-length photo or not, who cares? you look beautiful! so glad that you and Moriah got to hangout - i'm sure you guys had an absolute blast! miss you, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, girl! I love your outfits!

    www.abigailboyle.noondaycollection.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Maxi-dress has such a lovely pattern!
    I like that you are comfortable enough to post an "imperfect" fashion/style post.
    The reality is that style and fashion don't look perfect every single time we walk out the door.

    And, you look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you. I think it's the bloggers (and people, in general) that realize that being perfect is impossible are the most fun (and most relatable, too!). I love your skirt and tank combination--so many pretty photos (And that backdrop is stunning, too!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. well you look fabulous! (and real) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. As a virgo, I'm pretty much doomed to be a perfectionist. But in my own way. I don't think my definition of perfection is really perfect in anyone else's eyes, and that's okay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. confession: i don't make my bed in the morning... or ever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Most people are probably focusing on those amazing arms and cute haircut of yours anyways. ((Commenting as I try and crop my nursing tank out of next week's outfit post ha!))

    ReplyDelete
  10. You rock Lindsay Wilkins!!!! Love your background for these shots, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that all the things you post, are things that i can afford! Most of the blogs I've seen have amazing cloths just like yours but they are like $300 for a top, no way! :) You look super cute to, just fyi! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts