Aloha From A Sponsor: Sweet Home Boutique


I love all of my sponsors and am always excited to introduce a new one to you. But Rachel of Sweet Home Boutique has an extra special place in my heart as a dear friend. She and her beautiful family lived across from us for two years and I had the privilege of knowing her as a fellow military wife, friend, sister in Christ and creative soul. She is incredibly talented and makes sweet clothing for women and children. I am in love with all of her fabric choices and I think you will fall in love with not only her creations, but her sweet soul as well. 





Hi Rachel! Tell us a little about yourself!
I am married to my husband Andrew of 8 years. We have 4 children ages 5, 4, 3 and 19 months, and are expecting our fifth child in March. My husband is an officer in US Navy, so we move around a lot, and get to see a lot of the world. I got my bachelor in Education and early childhood education and homeschool our 4 children. I am a self taught seamstress, and started sewing after my second daughter was born. I was hooked.  I felt like I found a productive medium for my artistic expression.  I started my Etsy shop at the end of last year,  and love it! I have had the privilege of selling my artistic clothing all over the world, and meet some really great people in the process. My long term goal is to be able to put all of my children through college with money that I make sewing!



You juggle so many roles--mama, wife, teacher, biz owner! What are some practical ways you stay organized?
 
Organization is the key. I have a place for everything, and try to keep everything in its place. I also live by a tight schedule to get everything done. The morning is spent cleaning and homeschooling, and the afternoon and evening are for all of the work for Sweet Home Boutique, and working out. I keep everything on shelves, label the shelves with its contents. 
I also teach my children to clean up after themselves as soon as they are old enough to make a mess, this saves me considerable time.
 


What is the most sentimental piece you've made?
My most sentimental piece is also my most popular piece- My big poppy ruffle dress. I had the privilege of pinning my husband as a Lieutenant, and wanted to make a beautiful dress for the occasion. I went with the Laura Gunn's large poppy print, and made a knee length ruffle dress with it.  My husband took some pictures of me wearing the dress in our yard in Hawaii after the ceremony. Those are the pictures used for the listing in my shop.



What is your favorite color and what does it say about your personality?
I have two favorite colors, red and yellow.

Red is the color of energy and passion. I have always had a lot of both!! This has served me well in my role as mother, teacher, and business owner

Yellow is the color of happiness, optimisim, and idealism. I try and see things as they could be, and not always as they are. I try and see the best in people, and share love and encourage when I can. I guess to sum it up I am a passionate idealist!


Want more of Rachel and Sweet Home Boutique? 

Become a fan on Facebook!

Follow her blog! 

Say aloha on twitter! 

Go shopping in her beautiful shop! 

lindsay



 

Comments

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts