My Neck is Warm & My Heart is Full.

Not sure if you guys are enjoying these outfit posts or not, but I've got another one for you today, so too bad! :) I'm thinking of continuing them in Hawaii to make myself wear something more than just a tank and shorts everyday. What do you think of that? 





 Earrings:: {Macy's}
Scarf:: {Target}
Tee:: {Papaya}
Jeans:: {F21}
Boots:: {borrowed Uggs}

And because my heart is in Maryland with my family as I fly home to Hawaii today, I've got to share some more pictures from the last week. I spent almost every night at my grandparents' as all 26 grandchildren flew in from all over the country to spend time with my Papap. It was a sweet time together and it broke my heart to say goodbye.



And just to give you an idea of the crowd this week. My little sister in the blue shirt has the coveted seat next to my Papap, covering his hands with her warm hands as the flurry of activity and laughter swirls around them. 



I got to see my little brother, Adam, this weekend...


... and it's not a visit with my brothers unless there's some wrestling move pulled at least once. 


We made a gigantic apple crisp on Saturday and it was gobbled up within minutes. Mmmm... so good. 





I hope your weekend filled your heart with goodness like mine did. I have to say that while I'm excited to get home to my life in Hawaii and get back to painting in my studio, it's going to be very hard to be so alone in my house and away from family after this beautiful week.

And dear friends, thank you for all the prayers for my family and my Papap. He is still sharp, witty and holding onto this world with that stubborn grip of his. It was the best gift I could ask for to have that time with him this week.

Have a sweet Monday!


Comments

  1. I want to steal your yellow scarf, your boots and your earrings. Watch out ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your outfits and all your cute scarfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your pretty scarf girl!!! looking at these pics makes me want to have a big family, looks like soo much fun! safe travels today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found your blog just this past weekend and read a bunch of previous entries. It's great! This entry, however, completely warmed my heart. You have so many female cousins (I'm assuming all of those girls around you are your cousins...)! And your hair is adorable. I love it. And your birthday club idea is the best. Anyway, I'll stop gushing. I hope you have a good week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your outfit!!! You look so comfy!!! I love your bright and cheerful scarf and those earrings are so beautiful!!!!
    I adore your outfit posts and I look forward to many more!! :)
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's a lot I have to say about this one...
    1. You're so tiny and ADORABLE!
    2. Outfit posts must continue! I'm currently residing in FL and also like to wear just tanks and shorts, so a little inspiration would be greatly appreciated.
    3. I'm uber jealous of your family time but also happy for you! I'm sure it meant more than the world to your Papap to have everyone around!
    4. Making that apple crisp recipe this week! It looks so yummy and delish!!
    5. Have a safe trip home! I'll say a prayer for ya :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a safe trip home, I'm so happy for you that you had such a lovely week of family time! I know it's the most wonderful feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. even though i didn't get to see you at least you had a lovely time with your fam jam;)
    gina

    ReplyDelete
  9. lindsay- i personally find it very challenging to do outfit posts but i love yours! as a reader, i know i like seeing your face more often! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can imagine how hard it must be to say goodbye again... sounds like you used your time to the fullest!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My BFF has that colorful scarf you are wearing in the first pictures and I LOVE it! I borrow it from her every time I go visit her. I't also the same girl I gave your painting to for her b-day :)

    Your time with your family looks wonderful! Always sad to say goodbye I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. my extended fam lives far from me too. Always sad to leave them. Keep your chin up! And, continue the outfit posts! I love your style and think that they are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love reading all your posts, but this one...yeah, it truly melted my heart! I grew up with a small immediate family but a large extended family and miss those big get togethers (good or bad). I love how close you are to your family, how much you all share together, and all the special moments you will treasure forever. I've said it before, and I'll say it again...you my dear, are one special woman!! Everyone is for the better just by knowing you. I believe you are wise beyond your years and have a very special and beautiful soul to express your feelings the way you do! XOXO's See you soon my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. you are adorable! love those scarves! will be praying for a safe trip home. so thankful that God, in His wisdom, had you at home with your family for this time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. um i want that scarf, pls. want to trade? ;)

    looks like you had a wonderful weekend. love the last photo - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look like you are having so much fun! Love that bright scarf. I want it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts