Aloha From a Sponsor: Reviving Remnants

I'm just amazed at the friendships I've formed through blogging. I never imagined that something like a computer and internet connection could bring me real, sweet, friendships. But it has! And one of those friends is Piper. Doesn't that name just make you happy??

Piper was my swap partner for the Cold Hands, Warm Hearts Blog Swap back in November. She is one of the sweetest, most genuine women I know and I am honored to have her as a sponsor.





Piper's shop, Reviving Remnants, is filled with beautiful upcycled products-- from fabric covered earrings, to colorful table linens, pillows and accessories like headbands and bracelets. She also has a blog where she shares great eco-friendly ideas!

Keep reading to learn more about Piper!




1. Hi Piper! What are three things my readers should know about you right off the bat?



a. I was named after an actress from the 50's, Piper Laurie. (click here to see her picture!) That wasn't her real name though, just her stage name. Isn't she glamorous?

b. I have a special love for seeing women reach their goals (personal, educational, professional, or otherwise.) I thrive on being an uplifting person, and hope that my blog is the same.

c. I love meeting people! Don't hesitate to email me and tell me your life story… or just say hi. It will make my day and I WILL write you back.



2. Can you tell us a little about the meaning behind your shop and blog name "Reviving Remnants?"

So glad you asked!

Reviving Remnants is a journey…

To Learn… about crafting, sewing and all things handmade (especially using recycled and previously loved materials), as well as blogging about what I learn as I go.

To Grow… an area of my creative life that I love, but have never attempted to develop.

To Be Made New. In allowing God to pick up the broken pieces of our lives and re-form them, a new creation that pleases Him is made. God wants every piece of us–even the remnants, the leftovers, the discarded and forgotten pieces of us. He wants to use those bits to make us into something fresh, new and wonderful. He wants to revive us. And if you’re anything like me, you could use some reviving.

So that's it. I'm on a journey. I am the remnant. I'm seeking to be made new and inspire others to do the same.



3. Sometimes it's hard to find the inspiration to create. How do you revive that inspiration on days like that?

When I first started my RR blog/shop I felt like God was urging me to do so. Previously, in 2004-2009 I had a blog primarily on my life, thoughts and faith. (Xanga, anyone?) This time around, I had the sense that things were going to be different. I felt that God wanted to create something new in me. My faith in God and deep relationship with Him is what continues driving me forward. I definitely have days where I feel like what I'm doing isn't worth my time and effort. Everyone gets there at some point. Everyone.

But then I remember… He is making me a new creation. Before a cathedral can be built in me, first the land must be cleared. Supplies gathered. Skills learned. I must get back to basics. Start with the simple things. Focus on today.

And then before I know it, new ideas come.




4. What are three things you'd have to have with you on a deserted island?

1. My Chihuahua, Camper. He's really good at warning you when he hears noises or senses danger. And he sleeps on my feet when they're cold. Plus, talking to a dog is waaaay better than talking to a volleyball.

2. A lifetime supply of brie and apples. I could eat that everyday, the rest of my life.

3. A big dictionary with lots of paper and pencils. I have an unusual (maybe even abnormal) love for vocabulary---meaning and usage of the written word. Given the kind of free time I expect one would have on an uninhabited island, I'd like to learn every big word I possibly could. If I was ever lucky enough to get rescued from the island, I may as well return to the civilized world a little smarter. Then I would immediately go win some crazy awesome Scrabble tournament. Oh yes I would.

This was fun! Thank-you so much, sweet Lindsay, for inviting me to your blog space!



Now don't you just want Piper to be your friend too?? Love her!

Piper is generously offering Aisle to Aloha readers a 25% discount to her shop! Email her at piper@revivingremnants.com, let her know what you would like to purchase and she'll hook you up with a sweet discount!

Make sure you check out her beautiful shop and of course her fabulous blog too!

Have a great Wednesday everyone!


Comments

  1. yayyy for piper and her new shop!! i love her and her items!! and she's just as sweet in person as she is online!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love the name Piper and I loved this sweet interview.

    Also, Piper, brie and apples? What I ate for lunch yesterday and what is in my lunchbox for my work snack today!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts