Feeling Loved! {& Ask Me Anything!}

 I can't say it enough. The online community is something special. Almost two years ago when I started my blog, I never realized what amazing friends I would meet and what a beautiful community I was joining.

When Chris deployed a little over two weeks ago, I was not surprised, but certainly overwhelmed by the outpour of emails, comments, tweets, prayers and support from my fellow bloggers.

But when I arrived at my parent's house last week, I definitely WAS surprised by the pile of packages and envelopes waiting for me from sneaky  loving bloggy friends.



Have you read the book Graceling by Kristin Cashore? Cuz you should if you haven't. Ruthanne sent it to me and I am gobbling. it. up. I'm trying not to read it too fast because I want to savor the story but I was seriously up until 2:30am the other night (morning?) reading. 



Sandy sent me these adorable heart studs from tru.che on Etsy. It was funny because they were on my Valentine's wish list for Chris but he ended up getting me something else! Aren't they the best-- friends who shop your favorites list on Etsy?? :)


Thank you Jana, Gina, Sandy and Ruthanne for your encouraging notes and packages this week! You've made my Valentine's week extra special and I love you all so much!




And of course, I can't forget my Valentine's gift from my sweet love, Chris. He sent me this lovely foreign language LOVE print from sugarfresh on Etsy for my studio. And it's a beautiful mustard color too!

I am so grateful that I get to be married to this generous, funny, adventurous man who keeps me on my toes, is always challenging me and supporting me and loves me like no one else on earth can. 


PS. I love the FXCam app on my phone. Maybe a little too much. :) 

So. 

Many moons ago, I did a Q and A session on the blog. But I had maybe 5 followers and most of them were my sisters. :) So I thought I'd bring it back and open it up to you guys. Is there anything that you'd like to know about me, Chris or our life here in Hawaii? Ask me [almost] anything you'd like to know. I will do another post (or two) in the next week or so answering your questions. If I can't answer it on the blog, I will definitely email you with my answer. 

Be kind and don't ask anything embarrassing, pleeeeease. :) 

Here's my favorite question from last time, from Chris who was deployed at the time. 

Chris said... 
My question for you is... How did you get so beautiful? I have been wondering this for 8 years now.





Comments

  1. there may just be something else on its way to you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, I so love the blog world, it's full of really amazing people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, the last question was cute! My questions would have to be:
    1.How's life like in Hawaii? suburban, calm,quiet,loud,busy, relaxed?
    2.What's the story behind your etsy shop? Why did you start it?
    3.Where did you learn to paint such amazing paintings? Is/was it a Hobby?

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun gifts! I agree this community is great. I almost left it, but it was the community that kept me coming back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm glad that you are loving all your gifts! i will think up a good question and be back later ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww how sweet of your friends! Ok I got a couple questions:

    1. What was your worst job?

    2. After Hawaii where would you like to be stationed?

    3. Do you wear nail polish? If so, what is your favorite color to wear?

    I LOVE Q&A blog posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yayyy!! so glad everyone is sending you soo much love! the earrings look great on you! :)

    here are my questions:
    1) What one accessory can you not live without (besides your wedding rings)?

    2) What is your favorite ice cream flavor?

    3) If you could travel to anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?

    4) Do you put your right or left pant leg on first?

    xo,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww that's so sweet, I'm glad you had a nice week :-)

    Okay, my Q&A's:

    - As a kid, what did you think you wanted to be when you "grew up"?

    - What is your dream vacation destination?

    - Something that you haven't done yet that's on your bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lindsay! Argh!! Now I have to go out and buy delicious candy for myself.

    Can't wait to see you tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1} How long have you painted?

    2} Do you ever have dry spells with your painting? When you're not happy with anything or just flat out don't feel inspired?

    3} Who's your favorite artist? Both in the classics and contemporaries?

    4} How boring are these questions?

    5} Am I lame or what?

    6} What's your favorite dessert?

    7} Do you like Starbucks?

    8} Do you enjoy cooking?

    9} Is it okay if I go for an even number of questions?

    10} What was it like growing up in a big family?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw!!!!! Your hubby is so sweet!

    Isnt the blog community amazing?! They always blow me away with their love and support!

    Glad you are doing well and are able to be back home! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1 - Do you want a family someday?

    2 - What's your favorite color combination?

    3 - What's the best part about living in Hawaii?

    :) Hope you're enjoying being at home with family!

    ReplyDelete
  13. For us newbies:

    How long have you been in Hawaii? Best and worst parts about being stationed there? How often is Chris away?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmm...

    1. coffee or tea? favorite kind/flavor?

    2. do you have a go-to meal or dessert for get togethers?

    3. dark or milk chocolate?

    k, I just totally realized mine are all food/drink related...perhaps I am hungry! I think I need chocolate now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Alright, I don't know if there is already a post about this somewhere, but I want to hear your love story! the sappier the better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope you are savoring every moment while your home with your fam. And I hope your time apart from Chris goes even faster than you think.

    Your blog has really grown this past year girlie... it has been so fun to read and to see you grow and flourish. You have so many beautiful gifts... keep shining for our Lord!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts