things.

It's a warm, rainy morning and I'm watching our window box daffodils dance as the raindrops hit them. Seems to me that spring has finally decided to arrive in New England. This weekend, we spent lots of time digging in the dirt planting rhododendrons, daffodils, petunias and an array of bulbs and seeds that will hopefully turn into dahlias and sunflowers. 

 Silas woke up with my nasty cold, so after a warm bath and a good breakfast, he's resting on the couch with Bob the Builder, surrounded by his trucks, and tons of snot. He seems content enough, and his stuffy little voice is pulling at my heart strings. 

This post has no real direction, but I have a bunch of things rolling around in my noggin that I want to share, so here ya go. 









We left some treasured friends when we moved away from Hawaii, and Nick and Rachel are some of them. They started a new venture this week called Salt + Swell. For each design that debuts in their shop, 20% of the proceeds go to a different designated charity. I love their heart, and you will really love their retro inspired tee and tote designs! 

My friend, Mandy sent me a sweet happy mail package this week. In it was this darling mini-painting. Cobalt/navy blue + coral is one of my very favorite color combos and if we ever get around to re-painting the house this summer, this is the color combo I'm dying to use! 

If you haven't checked out the sponsors over on my sidebar, hop to it! Amity Coffee is based in Delaware, and they sent us a pound of their Guatemalan roast to try. It's amazing, and their customer service is the bomb. 

I tried out making these baked mac+cheese cups from Bev Cooks for our Easter lunch and they were so scrumptious. Alfredo sauce, spinach and artichoke hearts, plus crispy parmesan topping? Perfecto. 

I'm off to get the little bugger a snack, and possibly change out my sweatpants, but eh, probably not. 




Comments

  1. i want to try baked mac and cheese cups! i bet austin would love them!!

    xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! And a great way to sneak in some veggies-- Si gobbled them up, spinach, artichoke hearts and all!

      Delete
  2. Salt + Swell is so cute!! I've always tried to find an 'adopt' shirt that's not so in your face. Can't wait to get one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! My family and I are moving to southern de next month! Can't wait to try a some new locally roasted coffee, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly - My husband is the Amity coffee guru and we're located in Greenwood. Where are you moving??

      Delete
    2. Hi Jessica! Millsboro area. Can't wait!

      Delete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts