paper, wood, and paint (and my high hopes for them).

The spring line launches tomorrow (with the exception of prints--unfortunately, there's going to be a delay on those bad boys) and I couldn't be more excited.

When I first started my shop in 2010, its purpose was for me to discover who I am as an artist and to keep me busy while Chris was deployed. I had just quit the art classes I had started in Honolulu and I was questioning my identity as an artist. Four years later, I'm still learning who I am as an artist, and God has revealed so much about who I am in Him. And now with a toddler and a baby on the way, I don't need something else to keep me busy. 

But sharing my artwork with you guys has become a passion and I love being a part of the handmade community online. Over the past few months, I've been thinking and praying a lot about the purpose behind my shop and why I share my art. I shared a little bit about the inspiration behind the spring line last week. As I've been preparing listings to go up tomorrow morning, I'm praying over each item and thinking about my very specific hopes for the products that are going into the shop. 


My hope is that my hand-painted notebooks will become a vital part of your quiet time, an essential that you'll carry for brainstorming blog post ideas, sketches and prayer requests for friends. I hope that you will gift them to friends who need a little inspiration, or a place to keep their thoughts. I hope that these notebooks will go out into the world and find themselves surrounded by deep community, sweet friendships and hearts that are eager to learn and discover. 

My hope for my necklaces and brooches is that they will grace the necks and collars of girls and women who need a little bright spot in their day (or outfit!) I hope they will be just-because gifts for your moms, friends and sisters-something to let them know they are loved. That when you see your necklace hanging on your wall or sitting on your nightstand, that you'll be reminded of your beauty and worth in Christ. 

I hope that the prints I've designed will hang on your walls and sit on your bookshelves and that your eyes will read the words and your heart will be encouraged. That when you see the Rise and Shine print in your son's room, you'll be reminded that each day is a gracious gift, even when that little boy rises and shines way earlier than you'd like (not like I'd know anything about that-ha!). That the Fruits print will be a special way for you to bond with your daughter as you teach her each of the fruits of the Spirit and what they mean for our lives. I envision 5x7 prints getting mailed to friends old and new as small reminders of God's goodness and faithfulness. 

I know these are high hopes for simple things like pieces of paper, wood and paint. But I guess that's part of the fun of it all. Never knowing where these pieces are going and what they might do in someone's day or life. 

Tomorrow morning, head over to the shop to see all the new products! 

PS. Hop over to Instagram later today for a chance to help spread the news about the Hello Hue Studio spring line and win some HelloHue goodies of your own! 


Comments

  1. I love it so much. We can all use a reminder of how great we are - and who better to look at ourselves through than God's eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so fun! can't wait to see your new collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Can't wait to see, and I'm sure the prints will be worth the wait :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts