spring line 2014 sneak peek!




Next week, on April 16th, tons of new designs will arrive in the shop! I struggled a bit with the direction of the spring line, until I realized that I was focused more on what I thought was expected of me in my art, and less on what I wanted to do and what God wanted to show through me. 

Here's a little of what you can expect to find. 

Next week, you'll find the shop filled with good words-- words that I know will bring hope, truth and joy to your day. Encouraging words that have been coursing through my heart as I create. They are phrases from the Bible and from songs that have brought lots of joy to me, and I pray they will do the same for you. It's been pressing on my heart to bring more of my faith into my artwork, and these notebooks and prints are the result of that. My hope for these pieces is that the words will pour over you during quiet time as you write in your notebook, that you would be reminded of them each time you pass that print hanging on your wall. I hope that you will gift these pieces to friends and family, passing along the encouragement and joy found in these words. 

You'll also find some brand new motifs-- my favorite of which is the brushstrokes. This particular pattern is really representative of my desire to paint what comes to me organically, instead of what might be popular or what might sell. It's carefree, colorful and you'll find it covering notebooks, necklaces, brooches, and prints. I'm excited to bring a more organic feel into the shop, and I have a few really fun pieces in the works that you'll see in a few months! 

My newest product, the brooches, have been patiently awaiting their release for a few months. Next week, I'll share a few ways you can wear them and my favorite ways to see them styled. Just like the necklaces, they are colorful and a sweet way to add some personality to your outfit! 

In a way, this artwork has been the most labored-over since I opened my shop four years ago. It's more cohesive than anything I've done before, and I've prayed over the pieces, excited to think about who will hold them in their hands in the next few months. But at the same time, it's been a really freeing time of realizing that my artistic voice can be anything I wish, and the joy that comes in that allows me to let loose with my paintbrush and pen. It's always fun to see what comes out of that. 


PS. Awesome photography by RuthEileen Photography-- a sweet friend, and fellow creative with a beautiful heart! 


Comments

  1. Gorgeous. It is so freeing to realize that you're the one setting the rules for yourself. Excited to see the new line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's allllll eye candy to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get it girl! So proud of you for following the direction you're feeling called to. May your line do kingdom work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a big fan of those necklaces. I definitely want one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm SO EXCITED to see all of it! So proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful necklaces! i haven't seen anything like that before - you're very creative :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts