four years!


Four years ago today, I married that guy in the blue striped tee. Later today I get to walk down that same wedding aisle at the Naval Academy Chapel as we rehearse for my sister's wedding in a few days. Some days I still get butterflies when I look at him, and having been through two deployments, many separations, countless arguments, and traveling adventures galore, I love that I can genuinely call him my best friend. God has blessed us richly. We're pretty lucky that we got the cutest darn kid to raise, too. 


glasses:: {c/o firmoo}
necklace:: {gift from amy cornwell}
dress:: {target}
lace vest:: {simply audrey}
shoes:: {reflects c/o blowfish shoes}

Speaking of lovey-dovey stuff, I loved reading this article from Huffington Post (originally written by Lydia Netzer) entitled 15 Ways to Stay Married 15 Years. The tips are a bit out of the ordinary but I found myself nodding my head to most of them! 

On a less mushy note, like most Blowfish Shoes I've received, these Reflects are my new favorites. Casual enough to run around with a kid in tow, comfortable enough to do it all day, and in my opinion, cute enough to wear with a dress. I definitely related to this post from Sarah at Frills for Thrills about how her style has changed since becoming a mom!




Comments

  1. you guys are the cutest! love your outfit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the outfit and happy anniversary, you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary to the two of you! Your little family is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy anniversary you two lovebirds :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh sheesh I love that dress! Target has really stepped it up in the past few years. Congrats on making it to four years and today is my son's first birthday so big celebrations all around. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree-- I really love so many of their pieces. It's too tempting to shop there all the time since it's so easy and affordable. Happy Birthday to your baby boy!

      Delete
  6. Looks like Si knows the camera well!!.
    Congrats and many more years!

    ReplyDelete
  7. congratulations and happy anni!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy anniversary to you both! Love your super cute dress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary! Such a cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My little sister got married on my 4th anniversary and in the same place we got married. At first I was annoyed she'd choose OUR DAY, but now I'm kind of glad! It sure made for a great way to celebrate our anniversary. Congratulations to you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was very special to share that day with her. I see some double-dates in our future! ;)

      Delete
  11. happy anniversary, love!
    what a beautiful life and family you've created!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh happy day! Thanks for sharing these pictures; such a sweet post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy anniversary! My husband and will be celebrating our 3rd anniversary in less than a month. Time flies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. congrats! and many more!
    I can't believe how big Silas looks now!...our baby boys are going to be 1 soon! how crazy huh?

    you look great, love your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I know, right??! It's coming up so soon. Can't believe this year went by so quickly!

      Thanks Briseidy!

      Delete
  15. i love this little photo shoot. you guys are the cutest family! love the outfit too, linds!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your glasses! They are super cute. I usually get my glasses from http://www.spectacleshoppe.biz/, where do you get yours?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts