bits of life lately.

hey-o!  Just popping in to say hi. The past few weeks have been a bit of a blur. Filled with hotel living, long car rides, wrinkled outfits straight out of the suitcase, and way too many stroller and car naps for Silas. Right now we're in Maryland spending time with family and gearing up for my baby sister's wedding this weekend. Despite our weariness of being without a home to call our own for almost a month now, we can't wait to break out our best dance moves and celebrate! And after years of living across the world from family, it's pretty precious to get so much time with them now.



Today is a warm, muggy Annapolis day and we're celebrating Chris' 27th birthday. We drove into downtown this morning for breakfast and Chris is down at his dock now getting his sailboat ready for our first overnight trip! I have a feeling we'll get very little rest tonight since Silas is working on some new teeth and may not take well to sleeping on the boat. But, like I said in this post a few weeks ago, we're trying hard to make memories and have adventures, even if it's a little more difficult than the old days. 

Speaking of the little man, he's developed some hilarious personality lately, including a squinty-eyed cheesy grin and some 'baby dragon' growling (as we call it). I'll be sharing some recent photos of him on here soon enough. I see so much little boy in him lately, though he's still got plenty of 'baby' in him (including waking up several times at night...)

What's new with you guys? I feel a bit out of the loop lately. I'm practically salivating thinking about my new studio waiting for me in our new house and can't wait to get the shop running again.















Comments

  1. the happiest of birthdays to Chris!!!!! eat some cake for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that painting! So pretty. My little man is turning 1 this week and I'm so thankful for the baby that's still in him. Won't be long until he's a little boy but for now he's a little baby and I dig it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to Chris! And a sailing trip? How awesome! Can't wait to hear more details about your new home. I am so insanely jealous over here of your opportunity to be in Massachusetts! We're from Massachusetts and my husband can't be stationed anywhere closer than Washington D.C. I hope you love Massachusetts as much as we do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy bday to chris!! and that painting is soo pretty!! you've got all sorts of art running through your families!! can't wait to see more pics of your little man!!

    xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

    ReplyDelete
  5. That painting is beautiful. Chris's grandma is very talented!
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. An overnight on a sailboat? That sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts