Setting Goals

Sometimes I find myself looking back over my day and I realize that I have spent the entire day doing nothing. I am an expert time waster and could spend hours just being a couch potato. I do not want this deployment to be like that. In order to fight against this laziness of mine, I've been thinking about goals. I've got some that I'd like to keep over the next few months and I'd like to share a few with you.

  • I want to spend more time in prayer with God, seeking His will and sharing my heart. Usually I tend to do this more during lonely times, but I want to be deliberate with it. 
  • I am going to read my Bible each day. I am so very un-disciplined in this. It's so bad that as I write this, I am realizing that I need to find my Bible before I can start on this one. 
  • Paint, paint, paint. I think this will be an easy one since I am taking two painting classes (!!) and my dining 'nook' is full of art supplies just waiting to be used. I am excited to have the time, supplies and room to devote to art! 
  • I want to take a class or two at the base gym (Zumba, belly dancing, hula?? The possibilities are endless!) Right now, the only exercise I get is surfing a few times a week and I think this will be a great opportunity to meet new people, stay fit and stay busy! 
  • Cook a real meal at least twice a week. When Chris is away, I tend to eat really poorly and just snack. It's really not fun cooking for one. I have to admit that sometimes I forget to eat all day. Sad, I know. So, whether I have friends over to share a meal or just make something yummy and eat the leftovers the rest of the week, I'm going to make myself eat real meals!
They're not earth-shaking goals, but I think having them will help me to be deliberate about the time I spend and I'll have less time sitting around the house feeling sorry for myself. Chris and I both really desire that this will be a great time of growth for both of us and though we're not looking forward to being apart, we are excited to see how God grows us!

Comments

Popular Posts