A Peace that Passes Understanding

If you had asked me two months ago how I thought the first week of deployment would go, I would have guessed that I'd be crying for most of it, and feeling sad even when I'm out with friends. This week has been far from that. I have to say Thank you Thank you Thank you to all of you who have been praying for me this week. I have felt those prayers in an inexplicable way.

Yes, this week has been hard. I have cried alot and I miss Chris terribly. It hurts to be away from him and to think of the long months ahead without him by my side. BUT, man, I have had such a peace this week. The Lord has given me joy, he's given me peace, he's provided me with amazing friends and supportive family. The joy and peace I have felt is certainly not anything I have conjured up inside of me. It's all Him. And I am so thankful.

Please keep up with the prayers! Also continue praying for Chris. He's been feeling under the weather this week, so please pray for him to get better so he can do his job 100%.

Continue to pray for peace for me. There are certainly times when I feel overwhelmed and lonely.

Again, thanks to all who have been praying and for your encouraging words via Facebook, the blog, texting, emailing or calling me. You are so very much appreciated!!

Comments

  1. I am so glad that you have felt God's peace and presence during this difficult time. I hope it passes quickly for you and that your able to grow and connect thanks to the technology available to you! Keep us posted. I am really enjoying getting to know you better thanks to blogging and facebook!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts