numero dos.


So, the secret is out. Wilkins babe #2 will be joining the family late September! We're so stinkin' excited, and I'm feeling absolutely exhausted and always ravenous, but thankfully not very nauseous. When I was pregnant with Si, I was so pukey and could barely even smell Chris cooking dinner without feeling super queasy. Praise the Lord, this time around, all I want is pizza, and bread, cheese and naps. I don't discriminate-- I'll eat anything that's unhealthy and not a vegetable. And sometimes apples.





I've had one appointment with my midwife and got to hear the heartbeat last week. She let me record it for Chris, so even though he couldn't make my appointment, he got to hear it too. I forgot what a sweet, sweet sound that is to hear (especially after it took her a good five minutes to find it!). I have my first ultrasound to see the babe on my birthday. 

I know a few of our family members were surprised to hear that we were pregnant again, given some of the struggles we dealt with last time. We were prepared for a long wait for #2, but after my hypothyroidism diagnosis in 2011, things seem to be working pretty well, and for that, I am grateful. In fact, that might be why I'm still a little bit in denial (despite very clear symptoms that I'm pregnant and a belly that has decided to make an appearance even before I've hit 12 weeks).

After it took us a little longer than we expected the first time around (with Silas), I really wasn't expecting to see two pink lines for at least a few more months. I even tossed the first (expired) pregnancy test I took because it was taking a long time for any results to show up and I just figured it was defunct. If I had been a little more patient, I probably wouldn't have been fishing a pregnancy test with two pink lines out of the trash later that night and staring at it in disbelief. The next two (new) tests I took were enough to make me think that perhaps I wasn't seeing things after all.

Chris is ecstatic, Silas is oblivious, and I'm exhausted and heading to bed. God is good.

(psst.. posted my first bump pic on IG tonight. Let's just say second time around is no joke.)

PS! Some of you have been asking about the calendar pictured above. I didn't make it, but isn't it awesome? It's from Paper Source, is on super duper clearance, and is available here! 



Comments

  1. Such amazing news!!!! Can't wait to follow along a 2nd time!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silas is already adorable, so I can't imagine double the cuteness! Congratulations on the good news :) Hope the pregnancy continues to go well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big congrats!! I kind of had a feeling... :) Glad to hear you are having an easier first trimester this time around. Looking forward to watching your belly and family grow. PS-I am headed to Maui in a week and a half!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism over Christmas. We want to start trying for number 2 in a few months. I hadn't realized hypothyroidism could be a problem. Is it the disease or he medicine that effects a developing baby?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea that hypothyroidism could effect pregnancy. I guess it makes sense, but not being a mother myself, I haven't thought of it in that aspect yet. Would love to know how it affected your pregnancy with Si and this one. Congrats on number two!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I'm soooo thrilled for you! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats lady!! sooo happy for you!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow congrats! can't believe that cute little bump already!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so so excited for your beautiful family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! Such exciting news! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's awesome! Congratulations Wilkinses!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another congrats!. and another beautiful baby!... Big brother will enjoy as much as his mama and dad..

    ReplyDelete
  13. ahh that is so wonderful, congrats!! I love being a mom to two :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations!
    I admire your ability to take on the challenge of 2 kids! I guess you've accepted that it's your calling to be a Momma more than I have :)
    Wishing you a wonderful pregnancy that ends in a healthy happy baby!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! I am so happy for your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay!!! Congratulations! This is wonderful!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so excited for you and your family! Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a cute post :) Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats!!!! You make such cute babies, i cant wait to see the cuteness round 2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I saw your gorgeous picture on Instagram and popped by to say congratulations! Such happy happy news. You look beautiful. And yes, the fatigue is no joke. With my current (2nd) pregnancy I had hyperemesis that had me super sick up until 20ish weeks, all while being exhausted as well of course. Then I felt pretty good for five or six weeks, until the third tri exhaustion hit me like a truck. Fun times. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you and pray the nausea stays far, far away! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations! Glad to hear you avoided morning sickness this time. Best wishes for a smooth pregnancy and happy, healthy baby.

    ReplyDelete
  23. It took us 3 yrs to get pregnant with our first so we expected a long wait for our second as well. We decided not to prevent anything and if it happened it happened and well it ended up happening after hubby being home from his deployment for 2 mths and our first was only 9 mths old. Talk about exhaustion! Glad you are feeling better this go around!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts