unexpected beauty.

This weekend, I soaked up time with our little family, reminded yet again, of the faithfulness of my God and doing my best not to take one moment for granted. Sunday afternoon, we walked around old downtown Panama City. I don't think I've kept it a big secret that I'm not really enjoying living here. And I was in a particularly deep funk brought on by frustration of another Sunday wishing for a church that felt like home, and the weight of the tragic events on Friday. So, the deserted streets, abandoned buildings and tacky Christmas displays seemed even more pathetic and dismal to me than usual.

Until I looked closer. And I saw a little bit of beauty in the old buildings and deserted streets. The textures of the old walls, the unexpected blossoms springing up where they shouldn't. The soft light of the sun setting through the clouds.



Praying that you find beauty and light in unexpected places today. And continuing to pray for the Light of the World to seep into the grieving hearts of many this week.


"Many are asking, 'Who can show us any good?' Let the Light of your face shine upon us, O Lord." Psalm 4:6

Comments

  1. Finding beauty in the unusual is great. Thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the sinking sadness you are feeling right now over so many different things. It is so important and so significant to keep our eyes fixed on Jesus right now... and to hold our loved ones close, in all their beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post... simple, but full of meaning. Thank you : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. This whole concept is what encouraged me to start my blog - Finding Beauty in the Ordinary. Like you, I moved from somewhere beautiful (San Diego) to somewhere less beautiful (in my mind)- AZ- but God has surprised me with so many little beautiful moments along the way. I know it sounds cliche, but FL just might grow on you. AZ has done that to me. I just went home last week, and although I will admit that SD is one of the most beautiful cities I've ever been to, it's just not "home" anymore. Continuing to pray for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

hello you! Thanks for taking a minute to comment! I like to reply to your comments in the thread, so if you have a question and you'd like to get a notification of my response, feel free to click the "subscribe by email" link.

Popular Posts